Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Other] Lyrics support for Apple TV app

Lyrics have been a great addition to Spotify apps across several of my devices, but on the latest Spotify app for my Apple TV 4K, the feature doesn’t seem to be available. Roku and Xbox already appear to have support, so it would be great to have this feature on Apple’s streaming platform as well.

Updated on 2022-04-04

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
DatGuyPigglet

Literally switched to Apple Music for this. I’ll come back to Spotify in a heartbeat when it’s added 

Eddygraphic

I’m on the verge of switching to Apple Music just for this feature, they also need to add the ability to queue songs from the TV interface like the LG WebOS version of the app.

bande

Any updates?

bande

I guess I gotta try Apple Music again

hack-shack

Considering I use the ATV 4K for parties, this is a great idea!

JGutierrez09

why spotify for apple tvos does not show lyrics? Why ??? Any upgrade soon with this feature, thanks 

killaaleks

please please pleasee. i'm seriously contemplating going back to apple music BECAUSE of how useful and fun having lyrics are. i would use spotify more and recommend it if i had lyrics.

kj077

Agreed - another looking to switch to Apple Music for this feature. Been waiting ages - can’t be that hard. Seems a deliberate decision to limit the functionality on Apple TV.  Have enjoyed supporting Spotify rather than being roped in by Apple, but the kids love the lyrics and it’s a major drawback for our family…

zar

Please 🙏

MorganRW

Lyrics, video, anything, please. Heck at this point I would be happy if at the very least, the playback controls faded away. Love the visuals on my iPhone but so disappointed in the static image on my 85” 4k screen using Apple TV. All this tech and I am forced to stare at the playback controls since they don’t even fade away. Why is this platform neglected compared to the others? If it’s a licensing deal or Apple won’t allow it then tell us. Something must be up if every platform but ATV has stunning visuals. Is it coming or not?