Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Other] Lyrics support for Apple TV app

Lyrics have been a great addition to Spotify apps across several of my devices, but on the latest Spotify app for my Apple TV 4K, the feature doesn’t seem to be available. Roku and Xbox already appear to have support, so it would be great to have this feature on Apple’s streaming platform as well.

Updated on 2022-04-04

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
G4b1t0

5 mins ago I have cancelled my Spotify Subscription since no notifications from the Spotify team. Sorry but I'll stick with Apple Music.

alainpc23

Will probably give Spotify till end of 2022 to introduce lyrics in the Apple TV app. Will switch to another service is still no update then. Also, why do I need to keep hitting on the lyrics option on every song that comes up from the iPhone app? Don't you guys think it's better if you just turn it on and leave it that way then turn it off when you don't need it? Amazon music is exactly like that.

nightauthor

AppleTV app has a horrible UI, worse than the not-great Roku interface. 

No quick way to return to Now Playing (Like the bottom left widget on rook)

No lyrics

No hiding playback controls to just focus on the artwork

and I believe there was more functionality built into lists of songs, though I can't recall now as its been a while since I used rook. 

paulkgoddard

PLEASE can we have an update on this. My karaoke nights would be sooo much easier with this feature 

themonarc

Spotify platforms with lyrics support since the feature launched in November 2021 (11 months ago):

• Windows
  • Linux
  • Web player
  • Android
  • iOS
  • iPadOS
  • macOS
  • Xbox
  • PlayStation
  • Roku
  • Fire TV
  • Android TV
  • LG TV / webOS
  • Google Nest Hub (lol!)
  • Samsung Tizen TV (confirmed?)
  • Vizio TV (confirmed?)

Without lyrics support:

• Apple tvOS

This is a mistake or a joke, right? Going to need an update here, @Novy

Aliaqeel

I just got my apple tv device after using android tv with Spotify on it and **bleep** I am so disappointed that the lyrics feature is not available on the Spotify apple tv app !! I mean what's the point of that? Please guys we need this feature asap and thank you in advance.

Aliaqeel

Please make this happen 

JGutierrez09

How difficult is to implement lyrics on Apple TV, or have you been blocked from Apple to implement lyrics on Apple TV? Just be honest with us please, we are no dummies, and as users we need the truth about this delay in functionality, thanks 

andreiokas

We really need this. These are the little things that makes us move to other platforms. I have Apple Music for free because I pay for the full Apple package and I’ve been thinking about moving for a while. Please introduce this to Apple TV as it is another motive for us to stay! Thank you. 

danafrost

Definitely want this in AppleTV. It seems to take a long time to get app parity on Apple TV. I’ve noticed Apple TV apps are mostly far behind my smart TV. I get the feeling it’s something Apple is doing that makes it more difficult.