Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Party Mode: Only Queue, Password, etc.

How about a function that when turned on, only allows the queing of music (i.e instead of dubblevclicking to play the next song, it will just be que'd)? This would be great if u have a party and don't peolple changing midtrack all the time. 

Edit:

[Wow! Great to see that my idea has gained support, seems like I wasn't the only one that thought that this would be a great idea. As requested; I'll edit my post to better explain the idea]

Spotify Partymode

# Main Goal #
The main purpose of this feature is to be able to set Spotify in a partymode preventing people
from randomly changing tracks in the middle of a song.
Partymode will be easy to customize with several options making it suitable for all types of parties.
This feature will only be accessible with Spotify Premium.

Partymode will also decrease the number of fist fights dramaticly and therefore lead to a much better party-experience.

# Options #

* Enable/Disable partymode. (If partymode is enabled when logging out, it will be enabled on logon).

* Password protection. (If you want to set a partymode password. Default is Spotify password.)
* Allow skipping to next song? (Yes/no).
* Volume lock. (Prevent volume from being changed).

# Queuing #
* Queuing:
    - Only allow queuing new tracks. (Prevents people from changing tracks in the middle of a song).
    - Only allow queuing X songs within Y second (Spam protection).
    - Only allow queuing X songs from same artist. (Spam protection).
    - If no songs in queue, play music from this playlist: <playlist>.
    - Time limit (Not allowed to queue songs longer that X minutes).
* Exclude genres, artists and songs.
* Store partymode to playlist: <playlist> (prevents clearing the queue on logout/login).

# Admin mode #
    - Unlock partymode.
    - Delete from queue.
    - Re-order queue.
    - Change track instantly.
    - Set/change partymode password.
    - Enable partymode.

# Defaults #
* Lock existing playlists so that they can't be modified or deleted.
* Partymode will not scrobble to last.fm.
* Partymode will prevent access to social networks.
* Purchases will not be allowed in partymode.
* Disable access to Inbox and other personal information.

[]Though I must say the way to controll the volume while you'r having a party is to use a spotify remote app instead. Way too easy to just crank up the speaker volume even if you have a volume lock.]

Updated on 2019-10-30

Hi everyone.

As our previous update mentions, when one idea includes (many) smaller parts it is virtually impossible to ever set it to Implemented. One part is implemented, another isn't, what do you do?

For all intents and purposes I'm treating this idea as one simple suggestion:

"Let my fellow party people somehow connect to my session and add their tracks."

This has now been implemented on both iOS and Android in Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain and Sweden.

To that end I've set this to Implemented.

If the original author of this idea, or anyone else for that matter, would like to request additional features, please do a quick search of our Idea Exchange and either vote on an existing idea, or make a new suggestion.

And, please keep in mind to keep suggestions as separate as possible; it'll make it easier for us to update a status in future. (And save all of us from more walls of text :))

Party on!

Comments
licenced

@tanyam - please post your own thread in the right forum instead of picking an existing thread at random.

@blurk - use Spartify.com - everyone can access the list through the internet on their phones or whatever and add to the queue - works great

Peccz

Sounds like a great idea! It would be great if other functions like volume could be locked as well. 

Brent212

Totally agree with this suggestion. It'd also be awesome if, while in "partify mode", certain playlists of my choosing (or all playlists) get locked and password protected so they can't be modified.

blurk
Seems like ny idea might nit be too bad after all. Rly great idea with the not changing playlists, that bugs the hell out of me.
blurk
Licenced; good site, but doesn't rly adress the issue with ppl chabging the track from spotify im afraid
0xygen8
As previously suggested: http://www.spartify.com/
blurk
@Oxygen8; as previosly stated; good site, but doesn't rly adress the issue wit the track from spotify.
hēnk

Labels and their mafiaa organisations can be a bee-otch with this sort of thing, IOW Spotify may not have the required license to do this. Don't blame Spotify, just read the smallprint on any CD you've bought.

Jayoir

HI Guys,

[Background]

I've been to loads of house parties recently that use Spotify to play all the music, it generally starts off really well with people coming along to queue songs, however eventually someone will come up and search for a song and click PLAY. This then adds ALL the hits of the search to the play queue and ruins the music as you get about 15 of the same song by various artists.

[Idea]

Would it be possible to create a "Noob" or "Party" mode that primarily disables the queue button? It would mean that people can only queue songs as a means of hearing them and they will come on after everyone else's requests. This way, at the start of the night the host can play a song from a party-playlist and then enable party mode. Any queued songs will go to the next song, otherwise the playlist will just play out. Perfect.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Jayoir

Sorry that is supposed to read *primarily disables the PLAY button and functionality.