Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnership] Add Sign-in with Google for Existing Spotify Users

Thanks, Spotify, for adding a Sign-in with Google button option. However, only new Spotify users creating a new account can currently use this feature. There is no current way to port over an existing Spotify account with all its great listening history and fine tuned song preferences into a new Spotify account. This leaves existing Spotify users with the only way to use this feature being to create a brand new Spotify account. Could you extend the Sign-in with Google feature to prior existing Spotify accounts, so that every Spotify user who wishes to can use it?

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that you can now add your Google login to an existing Spotify account. More info on this here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Post-Mortem

This has 199 votes now and growing. The majority of apps can already do this. You guys cannot stay behind, please implement this!

freethinker_oy

This is a basic feature and it exists everywhere... Please do asap

Jacob
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-20

Your suggestion has at least 50 votes in 3 months! Keep gathering votes. If this idea gets enough votes, Spotify will check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

JesusCN

Pleeeease (do it)! 🙏

Kumaridze

Why? Just why this is not a thing yet?

cyrylthewolf

How is it that this still isn't implemented? SSO linking is a common function at thousands of websites - many of which are lesser known, no-namer companies.

So what's the hold-up here? Spotify is making hand-over-fist in dollars every day. Surely they can afford the resources to get this done.

So... GET IT DONE already.

Mihail
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

raxetul

Does it need to vote such a basic feature? Now it is a bug by not allowing existing account with Google Login which have same email address!

if (account.email === googleAccountInstance.email) {
     account.linkedAccounts.googleAccount = googleAccountInstance;
}

(yeah I know there are more  things to do but come on,  why I should I stay using Spotify?)

Asirelith

Still not working

maxsofronov

Please make it possible to add Google login to an existing account.

I honestly can't believe a company with 5000 employees hasn't managed to do it yet.