Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnership] Add Sign-in with Google for Existing Spotify Users

Thanks, Spotify, for adding a Sign-in with Google button option. However, only new Spotify users creating a new account can currently use this feature. There is no current way to port over an existing Spotify account with all its great listening history and fine tuned song preferences into a new Spotify account. This leaves existing Spotify users with the only way to use this feature being to create a brand new Spotify account. Could you extend the Sign-in with Google feature to prior existing Spotify accounts, so that every Spotify user who wishes to can use it?

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that you can now add your Google login to an existing Spotify account. More info on this here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
trahojen
Actually, I don't think it's that simple.
I'm sure the people behind the code would love to accommodate us with this
feature, but they are governed by the music industry high-ups with agendas
and interests that don't give room to "fix" something that technically
kinda "works". I get it. I just don't agree with it. I've been a paying
Spotify user for almost a decade and my loyalty should count for something.

I'm assuming, of course. But I have experience in the coding industry, and
I know what it's like to be denied resources to improve user experience
just because investors simply don't care about user experience enough. They
care about profit.
Redlow

As others have said.. this is taking too long for a relatively simple fix.  The ability to link your current Spotify account to the Google IdP should have been implemented when you implemented the initial capability.  What is worse is that you should be able to implement the code to resolve this in a single sprint.  Let's make it happen!! 🙂

briangtiguy

I guess it is impossible to use the Google login with an existing account. Thank you Spotify for not implementing this, if you had, I never would have found this forum, or Deezer and it's higher sound quality stream. 

Thanks? 

dantdmdarealguy

Come on Spotify, it's pretty simple and won't even take long.  And also this post has been up for over a year.

Dvir_

It's so annoying that this option still doesn't exist, sometimes there comes a time when users just get fed up and switch to a service that's more convenient for them...

zacpatt

Almost two years on and I still can't link my existing Spotify account with my Google account... why have these forums and ideas if they're just going to be ignored?

alonbl

Not that difficult it works using apple authentication so why not using google authentication? all you do is match the email address, no?

Vanish__

Please add this I have same mail in spotify as in google but i can't login in with it which is kinda frustrating.

giner

Hey Spotify, how is it possible that you are ignoring such a highly demanded feature?

juanelbajista

This is pathetic that you can't create a new single sign on oauth2 redirect link and create an associated user record with an existing account. What is spotify engineering doing? I'm ditching spotify if this isn't implemented in the next year.