Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnership] Add Sign-in with Google for Existing Spotify Users

Thanks, Spotify, for adding a Sign-in with Google button option. However, only new Spotify users creating a new account can currently use this feature. There is no current way to port over an existing Spotify account with all its great listening history and fine tuned song preferences into a new Spotify account. This leaves existing Spotify users with the only way to use this feature being to create a brand new Spotify account. Could you extend the Sign-in with Google feature to prior existing Spotify accounts, so that every Spotify user who wishes to can use it?

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that you can now add your Google login to an existing Spotify account. More info on this here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
davidpook

Let's all force each other to see if they implement it!

https://twitter.com/davidpookpook/status/1623601850233520129

MikeyMan

about time to fix this finally.

javan_o_ekhalie

Over two years? Please enforce this. Please don't ignore your loyal customers, asking for a convenient feature.

PublicAccount

Is there any update on this?

sbarnhouse

Adding my own voice to the list here. It's honestly baffling that this isn't already possible - and, in my view, unacceptable that the only option is "create a new account" - talk about customer-indifferent design!

SSO migrations aren't trivial, but they aren't rocket science either. FIX this, Spotify!

vaZark

It’s a bit frustrating that facebook and Apple users can connect existing account to those platforms whereas something as universal as a google account is being neglected. (after 2 yrs)

i hope this gets prioritised internally soon

ultwar

This issue got more critical for me after Google Smart Lock stopped working on my phone in the recent weeks. So today there's no real option to switch accounts quickly (among family members for example).

everscending
Everyone needs to call the Spotify support # and complain. Keep doing that
every single day. If you are new to this thread, pick up your phone and
dial the #. Reference this thread.
BrianH
The better option is to cancel and switch to someone who will do it. This
is an easy fix, they just don't see it as a high priority even though the
time to modify this is minimal.
sbuechi

It was been almost two years since this basic feature got enough votes!