Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnership] Add Sign-in with Google for Existing Spotify Users

Thanks, Spotify, for adding a Sign-in with Google button option. However, only new Spotify users creating a new account can currently use this feature. There is no current way to port over an existing Spotify account with all its great listening history and fine tuned song preferences into a new Spotify account. This leaves existing Spotify users with the only way to use this feature being to create a brand new Spotify account. Could you extend the Sign-in with Google feature to prior existing Spotify accounts, so that every Spotify user who wishes to can use it?

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that you can now add your Google login to an existing Spotify account. More info on this here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
flies

I wish at least timeline would be shared 🙂 Even if it says 2030 - LOL.

SamViegas

This is one of the best Quality of life improvement you can make, mostly now with the Automotive OS ( or android auto) and google home and assistant.

All existing users will need that merge ( because it make it super easy to log in!) and not so many will have time to dig up to these forums and comunity looking for answers, and will give up and go to youtube or other platforms.

Since it reached 500+ upvotes and its considered a live ideia, i think you should implement it ASAP.

I speak for me, it gave me a nightmare when i knew i could google sign-in with new accounts but couldnt merge my spotify premium account to it. Even know i could work around (so much work), i would lose my recomendation algorythm (thats your money maker) and it would break the reason i use and pay spotify for!

Please implement it ASAP and make sure users know that new feature is up! (with a push mail notification for example)

yevheniisemendiak

Up.

Felipe-mld

Up.

hksimpson

It beyond sad that this basic/common feature is still missing from Spotify. If I'm going to create a new account it will be on another platform... ☹️

ashmatash

How is this not already a feature?!!

Jostikas

You know, I honestly thought I simply hadn't yet linked Google account, and spent 15 minutes combing through the settings to find where I could do that. Finally decided to look it up, and discover that it's not implemented?

THIS IS BASIC FUNCTIONALITY!

Youtube Music looks better by the day.

BrianH

Please add this, it is not even hard! I use OAUTH myself /w google. A simple match between the google email and the login email is all it really takes....

shawn111493

I created my Spotify account in 2011 when Facebook was a popular trend and I do not think Google sign on was an option. I have since tried to remove my Facebook account and realized that it wreaked havoc on my Spotify account. The only reason I keep Facebook is so I do not have to re-create my Spotify account. Please give us legacy users a way to link Google or other SSO services with our accounts.

everscending

Up Vote! 

Spotify, get your act together.