Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnership] Add Sign-in with Google for Existing Spotify Users

Thanks, Spotify, for adding a Sign-in with Google button option. However, only new Spotify users creating a new account can currently use this feature. There is no current way to port over an existing Spotify account with all its great listening history and fine tuned song preferences into a new Spotify account. This leaves existing Spotify users with the only way to use this feature being to create a brand new Spotify account. Could you extend the Sign-in with Google feature to prior existing Spotify accounts, so that every Spotify user who wishes to can use it?

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that you can now add your Google login to an existing Spotify account. More info on this here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
dedicateddeveloper

I created my spotify account almost 10 years ago now and linked my account through my facebook account (I did not have a personal gmail then).

Now, years later, I really would prefer it be linked to my gmail through SSO instead of facebook because I don't really use facebook and am considering getting rid of it, but don't want to have to cancel my current account and create a new one just to be able to use SSO through my gmail instead of my facebook.

Other products allow you to update your contact information, this should be a similar process.

RyanCreaghWall

The last pinned update is from two years ago.... Why can't I link my Spotify Account to my Google Account yet lol? Are there really no updates? Did your team forget about this topic? 

Lucarioaura

They didn't forgot, they don't want to do it, or they're not able to do it because it's too much complicated for them, c'mon guys they're just an startup, be cool with them it has only been 2 years

ramuroN

I only comment in the hope it gets done soon... 
Lets just all say we switch to Apple Music or soundcloud if they don't implement it in the near future 😉

bigbadfatman

Implement this please!

Kitsune_Inari

Bumping so that it isn't forgotten. Keep pestering them, everyone!

Felipe-mld

Been following this request since 2020 as well, without any signs of progress unfortunately 😢

Bl4ckSoul1997

Hello.

Have there been any new updates regarding this feature?

I can understand if this is a backburner, since adding sign-in options for existing accounts doesn't have a high enough priority. I do hope it can be implemented soon, though.

simonlampen

Oh the irony of having to log in to vote and not being able to use the login in with Google option😆

cyrylthewolf
Oh SHUT up. LOL