[Partnership] Fitbit with Spotify

Hi Spotify, 

I think it would be really neat to connect Fitbit and Spotify. That way, when I am listening to an audiobook, or anything, on Spotify as I'm going to sleep, there will be a note of where I was in my audiobook when I fell asleep. I know Fitbit doesn't track sleep under an hour but it will tell you what time you went to sleep once you sleep for more than an hour. So while it would be most ideal for the audiobook/music to stop playing as soon you fall asleep, the way that Fitbit works, the next best thing would be to note what time in a track I was in so I don't have to search what I last remember hearing of the story.

Also if I could look at my Fitbit to see what song is playing that would be cool.

Updated on 2018-06-27

Hey folks,

Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

/M

Comments
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2018-06-27

Hey folks,

Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

/M

_qyqi-iyd7pp

Yes please!!! I just received a Fitbit Versa and pretty disappointed that I can't connect with Spotify as I have Spotify Premium and don't want to be using another app (Deezer) ... Really hope this will happen. 

tevasnx

Please I would really like to have spotify in my Ionic spotify is my top music app and I don’t want to switch to any other...

Ruicosta90

Why not? Can you explain ? Thank you

richie967
Casual Listener

Please sort this out Spotify & fitbit, I don't want to go back to Apple music! 

jasonrose1186

Please make this work

danwms1983

Would live to have Spotify on the versa, even if it was just to control what's playing on the phone. 

barryb20
Hey you can control your Spotify on the phone from the watch already, I have done it on an iPhone and Android phones 😊 I was listening to Spotify on my Samsung S8 this afternoon and controlling track / volume with my Fitbit
calicodepoet

Music and fitness are, like, best friends!  Spotify is sorely missing from Fitbit OS :(  You could keep it simple, only allow the FitbitOS Spotify App to store 50 tracks and they auto-shuffled, that would be cool.  Spotify on my watch at the gym, with Bluetooth headphones and *no* cell phone to lug around... yes! :)  Technology done right.

Walian21

Okay so this was requested back in the days of Ionic and now we have Versa model. Hence there is million of users with both models and still nothing from spotify came through.

The guys from Fitbit say to look at spotify, spotify gives an ambiguous response saying to look at Fitbit. Okay so can you two get a phone call conference meeting and just agree on it. Everyone wants it to happened.