[Partnership] Fitbit with Spotify

Hi Spotify, 

I think it would be really neat to connect Fitbit and Spotify. That way, when I am listening to an audiobook, or anything, on Spotify as I'm going to sleep, there will be a note of where I was in my audiobook when I fell asleep. I know Fitbit doesn't track sleep under an hour but it will tell you what time you went to sleep once you sleep for more than an hour. So while it would be most ideal for the audiobook/music to stop playing as soon you fall asleep, the way that Fitbit works, the next best thing would be to note what time in a track I was in so I don't have to search what I last remember hearing of the story.

Also if I could look at my Fitbit to see what song is playing that would be cool.

Updated on 2018-06-27

Hey folks,

Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

/M

Comments
lukew666

Please please please add this!

Damo1306

This needs to happen. Fitbit Ionic needs a stable, well recognised Music stream service and spotify would be my first choice. Please make this happen spotify.

Kamm_and_Re

more information about the fitbit ionic and spotify cooperation:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Ionic-and-Spotify/m-p/2164339

Im_Redders

It's a must for me before I buy the Iconic.

johneric8
Casual Listener

UPDATE-    I cancelled my premium Spotify account yesterday.   After I cancelled I was given a Q&A as to why I'm cancelling and trust me I let Spotify have it.  I went into great detail just how many customers they were losing and the exact reason why.   I implored them to take my suggestions to add Spotify to fitbit to the board room,  because I felt that strong in my case.    I'm not sure they realize how many of us have waited for this technology!  It almost like Fitbit has a soft spot for pandora or something because this was the only way pandora was ever going to get my business....  Hopefully in the next few months we will have an option to finally renew our spotify accounts..  There is no way I'm subscribing to both that is for sure!

Just so I'm clear with all of you,  I workout 6 days a week and at least two hours a day,  and I always listen to my music,  in fact it's me,  my fitbit and my music (typically via spotify,  but now pandora unfortunately.).   END OF STORY>>>

hismum
Casual Listener

Yeah I'd love the app for my new Fitbit Ionic watch.

trailrun

If the spotify+ionic thing doesn't happen it's going to be spotify that I end up dropping :(. 
Hope it does happen.  Some comment on it from Spofity would be nice to see - the current radio silence on this topic is frustrating.

johncarlosbe

i just bought mine and hoping this will heppen, that way when i goto the gym i can workout to my tunes.

please make it happen. oh make sure that it works in Canada.

Rising Star 17 LoganHelps
Rising Star 17

Seems like a good idea but hard to implement 

iceangel1980
It's not, sdk is there waiting so is community