Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnership] SDK for Video Game Integration

Similar to the move onto game consoles, why not connect with the game development community, 2 months free then forced premium. In-game music in GTA V or whatever complimented with spotify of your personal liking whith the game music code managing when/where/volume to avoid destroying the feel when conversation and such starts. It would allow for an aging game to still have fresh audio, maybe lock to original games music "radio" selection.

Seems like a way for all involved to win.

Updated on 2019-07-12

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

As a heads up, you can follow these links to find out how to listen to Spotify while you play on Xbox and Playstation.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
SemiHolsen

Can you at least make it possible to save (download) songs on desktop? A lot of these games allow importing songs, so a standard format would partially solve the issue.

Please and thank you.

lagesaurus

This would be amazing!

Craig2696

I am really wanting spotify to connect with Audiosurf2 as well. If would be awesome if they did give support to games. Uuuggghhhh...... One can only wait and hope.

gottfridsson

This is getting embarrasing. All gamers that don't set music volume to 0 want this, how is it possible that your sales department don't understand this? This isn't embarrasing it's simply **bleep**ed....

Flello93
Video game integration is a good idea but perhaps now an unnecessary one.
If you look at beat hazard 2, the developer has the perfect work around for
this. You play music, the game listens to the music as you do, regardless
of the source and reacts to it as if it was played from within the game. I
think he calls it open mic mode.
Waiting for release to see how it works but his devlogs and such on twitter
seem good!

I guess this would only work with games that interact with music. Would
still need this to have Spotify as the radio in gtaVI, but then again if an
AAA game wanted this feature, I'm fairly sure they could collaborate with
Spotify and add it themselves.
TomLegend
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-07-12

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

As a heads up, you can follow these links to find out how to listen to Spotify while you play on Xbox and Playstation.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

RyanEskridge

Spotify is missing a golden opportunity. 

silverxenorath

Why< not add an auth gateway for premium users to be able to access playlists via a 3rd party.
This would br great for apps/games like Audio surf (http://audio-surf.com/)

gottfridsson

Hi guys! OP here, got to say traction over the years is low, admittedly more traction than other cr*p I've imagined, I admit this isn't the most used forum on spotify ideas, usually this is screamed on twitter or reddit. I didn't mention it there coz I'm not a screamer.

I do have to say that this free idea given to the vendor... not being used boggles my mind. But then again I'm just a stupid (read entitled) "PC master race" gamer what do I know... This is easy to do except for sales strategies have to be made. I guess Spotify got enough money they don't need our money. Console and PC gamers arent regarded as possible revenue paths, oh by the way maybe smartphones now days can play spotify, maybe mobile games market is huge, maybe atleast one of the mobile games would benefit from Spotify API music... What do I know about music and gaming.

gottfridsson

I have to add a question, who is running Spotify and do they have a marketing team that are in the gaming scene at all? Is this a suits company only or is there an smidge of market knowledge? I really do not know. As a paying customer I don't care. As a possible revenue supporter I'm annoyed I had to come up with the idea... It's not my job this should have been in games before Spotify existed...

Also ... being annoyed by the mail notifications about updates on this thread on a subject that should have been implemented even before Spotify was commersial.

Is there a screaming redditor here that can go "public" on this... I don't want to it. Obviously this forum doesn't change the company view on things directly related to how they earn money.