Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnership] SDK for Video Game Integration

Similar to the move onto game consoles, why not connect with the game development community, 2 months free then forced premium. In-game music in GTA V or whatever complimented with spotify of your personal liking whith the game music code managing when/where/volume to avoid destroying the feel when conversation and such starts. It would allow for an aging game to still have fresh audio, maybe lock to original games music "radio" selection.

Seems like a way for all involved to win.

Updated on 2019-07-12

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

As a heads up, you can follow these links to find out how to listen to Spotify while you play on Xbox and Playstation.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
kvidell

AudioSurf, BitTrip, etc would really benefit from a little Spotify love! I would pay an extra buck a month for this integration or something ontop of my family premium.

sandraBlubb

Dear Spotify, please make it possible!
I don't know if this message will ever reach the right person, but I hope so. If developers could include the songs from Spotify it would not only improve current games but also offer new possibilities for everyone. There would be many games where the music is in focus and each player has a unique experience. Such games already exist but you always need MP3s that is a big hurdle for many users and especially for Playstation and Xbox players hardly to overcome. I would absolutely agree with a financial participation for Spotify or  forced premium for the users.

onejeremias

Adding another voice to this, it really shouldshould be a no-brainer for Spotify. I posted a link on the r/Vive Reddit forum, have already seen 5 votes since yesterday, so hopefully we'll see some continued traction. As another poster suggested, I would also pay more for this feature.