Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnership] Spotify for Nintendo Switch

I know the hardware is relatively new, but I STRONGLY feel it could benefit both Spotify and Nintendo if an app was produced for the Nintendo Switch.

Thanks for listening.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it (don't have any immediate plans to implement this).

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
Gangstarprophet

Great Evening

Dead_American

The Nintendo switch is a really popular console now days, like I really cant see how is Spotify missing on such great oportunity there's berealy any non gaming/game app on the switch I bet I could count them with my fingers, having spotify on the switch would atleast make people that dont have Spotify premium try it just to play game while listening to music

epicchristian

The last time this post was reviewed and marked as "Not Right Now" was two years ago.
Since then, the Nintendo Switch has made several advances in modern technology, and I believe it needs a new update.
The Switch is such an excellent platform to migrate to, and I know that there are not that many programs that are currently like Spotify on Switch, making it a monopoly on itself, if it were to be exclusive to switch itself, it could cause some serious bucks to Spotify. I hope the Rock Stars take another glance at this article shortly, and I also love to play Super Smash Bros while also listening to Darude Sandstorm without my computer or phone nearby. The switch might be a good platform soon, and considering the games that are coming out soon, Spotify might be able to make some money off of a partnership.
Remember, 2017 was two years ago. The option for a partnership might be open now. Please review this, Rock Stars. Also, if anyone in the future replies to this post with "IF YOU DONT DO THIS I'M GOING TO REMOVE MY SUBSCRIPTION AND BOYCOTT SPOTIFY" Make sure you tell them that threats don't help moderators. Opinions and concerned customers who love to listen to Spotify would be happy to see it on the switch, not angry if it wasn't. On a side note, I really would love to play Breath of the Wild and also listen to music while I do. Imagine yourself playing your favorite game with your favorite music. Is it calming? Is it fun? Spotify could really change the perspective of the Switch, allowing even more companies, etc to hop in.

Take this post into consideration of love and care, for Spotify. - Nicholas

YusukeOcto

i'd love to see Spotify on the Nintendo switch, it would be nice to play Splatoon 2 and listen to my favorite music at the same time on the same Console

turkischkillah

This would be a huge opertunity for both platforms. For example i love to listen to music while i play games like platformers or arcade games. And even loading screens on high end games since there so long on the switch. Getting both sounds of off one device is really bether then me having my phone on the table playing music and my switch docked up from loudspeakers. Thats also a reason why ps4 is one of my favourite consoles. The Nintendo Switch also has a quick menu wich can be usefull if you are going to use one Nintendo does not have to add one in. This would be huge if it came out alot of poeple would download it and it will be a next step for the switch in a right place. And spotify would have alot of premium accounts added to there collection. Take care.

SoyMuyRadiante

We need Spotify on Nintendo Switch, I love playing video games, and if is with songs that I love, much better!!

toanuva

It's been almost 3 Years now. If "Not Right Now" Then when?  Xbox One and PS4 got Spotify for a while now, and With Nintendo Switch Online out now, you could have it so that Spotify Premium comes free with all Online members. It could be a good opportunity.

BroDude51
i agree
Guusjaaa

Please let this happen, that would be so great i love spotify and my switch would be great combo!