Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnerships] Apple TV Support

I think there should be a Spotify feature for the Apple TV, similar to the Netflix App which is available. As currently, the only way Spotify can be played on the Apple TV is through AirPlay which requires an iPod Touch/iPhone.

Updated on 2019-10-07

Hey,

With our new Spotify app for Apple TV, you can now access Spotify’s 50 million tracks directly from your TV, making Spotify the natural audio destination across your many devices.

This long-requested feature follows our other apps on TV platforms including Android TV, Samsung Tizen, Amazon Fire TV and Roku.

We’re excited to bring this app to Apple TV and will continue to innovate and enhance the app—there’s plenty more in the works.

Comments
SpotMusic80

I bought an Apple TV because I thought there was an Spotify App. I bought it for Netflix and Spotify, what a dissapointment indeed! Well let's try Apple music instead. 😉

OlliPelz

Please make AppleTV Spotify app! Would love to easily use Spotify on the biggest screen in the house.

predatorridge

With literally no response from the folks at Spotify was not willing to wait around for this to be added so just signed up for the Apple Music trial subscription and have started to build out all of my music and playlists over there.  Preference would have been to stay with spotify for a number of reasons but as Apple TV is my primary source for playing music in both of our homes was not willing to wait around any longer.

Hope this comes about for those that are still patiently waiting.

Luiginos

I really have no idea why this needs to be pushed... Been waiting for this for over a year and it seems no closer. I need to ditch apple music...

Griev3r

I don‘t get why there is still no word from spotify...they are obviously losing customers, people in this community thread are actualy saying they will switch from

spotify to apple music...just how can spotify ignore that?

alli69

Dear Spotify, just come clean with us. Please answer these simple questions.

1) Are you creating an app for Apple TV?

If ‘yes’ then when will it see the light of day?

If ‘no’ then see 2)

2) Are you going to create an app for Apple TV?

If ‘yes’ then when?

If ‘no’ then see 3)

3) Do you realize that ‘we’, your subscription customers pay your salary?

If ‘yes’ then please create an app for Apple TV

If ‘no’ then also please create an app for Apple TV

4) Do you even read or follow this “support” forum?

If ‘yes’ then please answer us.

If ‘no’ then…. nevermind.

Yours sincerely,

paying customer.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2018-01-04

Hello everyone--staff here again. We try to update the larger ideas in the Exchange on a yearly basis. Since this hasn't had an update in a while we're here to confirm this is still 'Not Right Now'. We also want to say again that we don't typically announce product updates before they happen when they involve third parties. We know this has grown to over 4,400 votes and we have passed along your feedback. Please continue to add your comments and votes to this thread. Thanks!

Meanwhile

wow....almost 6 years after the original entry and it seems something is moving....with a little luck we can get the apple watch support until 2021 😉 

manemies

Lo and behold, the years of waiting have really paid off. The status of this 'live idea' has been changed to "Not right now".

"...please keep an eye on this thread and the community for announcements as they happen".

- That's what we've been doing for several years...

Thanks to Spotify for commenting on this live idea though. Good to know that someone is actually reading this forum.

predatorridge

Wow 

What a sad response.  Their inability to even answer the question of are you planning on creating an app for Apple TV is a pretty clear indication that this is not on even on their strategic roadmap.  

Moving forward with Apple Music service and will not be renewing my monthly spotify subscription.  Perhaps if numerous others do the same they may get the hint when it starts impacting their bottom line.

Bye