Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnerships] Apple TV Support

I think there should be a Spotify feature for the Apple TV, similar to the Netflix App which is available. As currently, the only way Spotify can be played on the Apple TV is through AirPlay which requires an iPod Touch/iPhone.

Updated on 2019-10-07

Hey,

With our new Spotify app for Apple TV, you can now access Spotify’s 50 million tracks directly from your TV, making Spotify the natural audio destination across your many devices.

This long-requested feature follows our other apps on TV platforms including Android TV, Samsung Tizen, Amazon Fire TV and Roku.

We’re excited to bring this app to Apple TV and will continue to innovate and enhance the app—there’s plenty more in the works.

Comments
Granters95

I understand you not wanting to badmouth Apple, but this is probably their fault, right? I mean, everyone knows they don't play fair with 3rd party services, especially when that 3rd party service is competing with their service in the same market.  (https://youtu.be/l8SShgWqJvg).

So I guess my question is this: Is it Apple's refusal to play fair that's causing the delay? and if so, would you tell us? 

milesosmiles

One more vote for an Apple TV app.

And in response to the previous poster, no, this isn't about Apple limiting Spotify, this is about Spotify not seeing this as a priority. Pandora has offered an Apple TV app since 2015. Tidal's Apple TV app has been around since 2017. Spotify loves to run around and claim Apple "refuses to play fair" as an excuse for not rolling out apps or features that people want. Heck, developers made an Apple Watch app for Spotify streaming back in 2018 that Spotify killed while simultaneously claiming streaming on Apple Watch wasn't possible.

edekhayser

This would allow me to play Spotify on my tv without air playing, which fails when opening apps like Twitter while streaming.

Advocate

This is probably the one thing that will make me switch to Apple Music. The last update from Spotify on this was nearly two years ago. 

kwad_kore

I still think this is a great idea. We would use it very often in our household. It may not have enough votes according to Spotify but I suspect once the app is available, most Spotify-subscribed Apple TV owners would download in an instant.

Advocate

I've actually just signed up for Apple Music, I'm going to see how much I use each service over the next month and cancel the one that is used the least. I'll get some pushback from my family, as the Spotify account is a family account but if I end up cancelling Spotify I'll upgrade the Apple Music account to the family one. 
I can't be the only person switching due to not having a Spotify app on the AppleTV. 

slln

Spotify on AppleTV rolling out today!

So it's finally out togheter with Siri integration on iOS and Carplay. Clearly the 2 of them were connected somehow, as Spotify was never shy of developing integration on as many platforms possible.

Kmeelo

Are you serious? or this is a joke?

filipe_oliv

Any update on when exactly the apple TV Spotify app will come out? I've checked the App Store and there's nothing there.

Staff
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2019-10-07

Hey,

With our new Spotify app for Apple TV, you can now access Spotify’s 50 million tracks directly from your TV, making Spotify the natural audio destination across your many devices.

This long-requested feature follows our other apps on TV platforms including Android TV, Samsung Tizen, Amazon Fire TV and Roku.

We’re excited to bring this app to Apple TV and will continue to innovate and enhance the app—there’s plenty more in the works.