Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnerships] Apple TV Support

I think there should be a Spotify feature for the Apple TV, similar to the Netflix App which is available. As currently, the only way Spotify can be played on the Apple TV is through AirPlay which requires an iPod Touch/iPhone.

Updated on 2019-10-07

Hey,

With our new Spotify app for Apple TV, you can now access Spotify’s 50 million tracks directly from your TV, making Spotify the natural audio destination across your many devices.

This long-requested feature follows our other apps on TV platforms including Android TV, Samsung Tizen, Amazon Fire TV and Roku.

We’re excited to bring this app to Apple TV and will continue to innovate and enhance the app—there’s plenty more in the works.

Comments
predatorridge

I left spotify and subscribed to Apple Music for this very reason.  Prefer the spotify service but until there is an app for Apple TV i will not be coming back.  Really hope that all the loss in revenue from others leaving for the same reason will result in them finally developing an apple tv app

Zornac

Over 9000 votes now.

JonatanGubbe

I think Apple TV support is really over due.

Tidal has an Apple TV app, what is Spotify waiting for?

The Apple TV OS is basically the same as iPhone, why can’t you just port the iPhone app?

Jᴀᴄᴋ

Please, PLEASE, implement this!

SwedishViking

Spotify time to ACT!

This was originally requested over 5 years ago!!!!

LISTEN TO YOUR USERS THEY WANT A DEDICATED APPLE TV APP!!!!!

I know that you have the Spotify app for smart TVs like my Samsung Smart TV but that app really sucks! It keeps logging out and I cannot log in using my Spotify app on the phone most of the time but have to enter username and password via the TV remote almost every day!! I hate it!!

And I know that I can use AirPlay with the Apple TV but that gives choppy playback and very quickly drains my phone’s batter life!!

And I know that you hold a grudge against Apple because of the % they take on App Store subscriptions but it is TIME TO GET OVER THAT AND LISTEN TO YOUR USERS OR THEY WILL GO ELSEWHERE.

You have the possibility to make an awesome Apple TV app with all options such as voice commands etc. that the Apple TV now offer. DO IT NOW!

luvis

I'm quite surprised this hasn't been of more interest for Spotify. There are Spotify connect options for almost every brand of random speaker producers and what not but there's no Spotify app for one of the most popular mediaboxes in the world. I'm sure there are thousands of people who want this but haven't found this voting thread. I just found it today and I've been annoyed there's no app for years.. 

bfd1983

Please please bring Spotify to Apple TV!! It is way long overdue! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

morphine79

Still no sign of Spotify App for Apple TV. Disappointing. Please improve. Thanks!

MusicNonStopXX

I must use an Amazon Fire TV stick because there still is no Spotify app for my Apple TV. I would prefer to have every important app on my Apple TV. Please, Spotify, release a native Spotify app for Apple TV soon! 🙂