Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnerships] Kodi Plugin (XBMC)

Hey,

how about an official Spotify XBMC Plugin, so that many users of this gorgeous media center can experience

the best music jukebox on their TV's.

I know that there are some unofficial Apps like Spotimc or Spotixbmc etc, but those are very buggy and don´t look professional.

A XBMC Plugin would be a epic win!

Updated on 2020-10-14

Hey folks, 
We wanted to post an update as we haven't posted here recently.
We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.
We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance.
Our blog is the best place to keep an eye out for any possible news or partnership updates.
Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
olemao

Checking in to show my support, please spotify.

honk-

yes spotify kodi plugin!!

Tired_

I vote yes, and will immediately subscribe if this is implemented. I am all in on Kodi, and willing to go all in with Spotify if they share my priorities.

baddogg1231

Amazing this has been here for over 4 years yet Spotify hasn't even commented on it. I would love to bring Spotify to my media center as it already has pretty much everything I want on it. Please Spotify team, bring it to Kodi!! Everyone else is here so join the party!

travelmaniac

This would be great! I have currently a raspi with an external Pro-Ject USB Box to get a good sound into my hifi Environment... A spotify Client for Kodi would be really great!

kstilesradio

Spotify...

Hello...

*5years nearly pass*

Hellooooo....?

I play most my home media through kodi and would love an official app or music add on for it. Come on, where's the REAL multi platform guys?!

Romulom12

Brazil

eggbeater

Is there any sort of development going on to make an official Spotify add-on for the Kodi media player? I feel the creation of one would greatly benefit both Spotify and the Kodi community. Some third-party apps have been made but their development has gone by the wayside long ago and they're all unusable. There is an extemely large community-wide desire for something official and reliable. Thank you.

Kodi is a very widely used media center and is also used for smart TVs. I feel that Spotify reaching out to this platform will benefit both parties.

This idea needs at least 50 upvotes within a year to even be considered.

blake
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2018-02-21

Marked as new idea. This is a repost of the following inactive idea.

Frma38

This Addon would have to be an official Kodi Addon. There are already official plugin for spotify alternatives : for example qobuz. As spotify is a leader,i would expect them to have also an official one.