Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnerships] Kodi Plugin (XBMC)

Hey,

how about an official Spotify XBMC Plugin, so that many users of this gorgeous media center can experience

the best music jukebox on their TV's.

I know that there are some unofficial Apps like Spotimc or Spotixbmc etc, but those are very buggy and don´t look professional.

A XBMC Plugin would be a epic win!

Updated on 2020-10-14

Hey folks, 
We wanted to post an update as we haven't posted here recently.
We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.
We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance.
Our blog is the best place to keep an eye out for any possible news or partnership updates.
Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
mcflie1994

This would be great as all my music is now through spotify. It'd provide an excellent way to start extending spotify to entertainment systems. apple tv and roku would be good too. I now use spotify on four oses (Linux Mint, MacOSX, Windows XP, and Android) and this would be an awesome addition. Thanks

Body500
+1 And if we could run apps from within XBMC that would be even better, I'd love to have Soundrop on my TV. But I guess that's more up to the app devs.
SimonDrew

Hi,

SPOTIMC is the Spotify addon for XBMC. You can download the zip file here -> 

https://github.com/downloads/mazkolain/spotimc/script.audio.spotimc-1.0-beta3.zip 

(Just go to 'Install from Zip' in your addon settings and point it to where you put the zip file to install)

You then need to go to "Set a password for your devices" under your account details in order to log in with Spotimc.

Enjoy

Simon.

Rocio
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

kitelooped

This is the most elegant implementation of spotify on xbmc that I have found.

https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFSdxKyWXpU

The issue with this is that you have to compile it yourself, but lookig at the video on youtube when it is running its all glory 🙂

digitalb0y

I think it's fantastic when companies work with popular open source projects such as XBMC.  Weather Underground joined up with them and vastly improved the weather functions of XBMC and the community loves them even more.  Pandora on the other hand, tries to lock down interaction with their service, and they're losing ground daily.  People have started doing some cool things with the Spotify API and XBMC, but an official add-on would be awesome and would really set Spotify head and shoulders above any competing service for millions of XBMC users.

mupet0000

There's a Spotify app on my Samsung TV so why not on XBMC!

wcavanagh

Spotify, you should really consider this.  XBOX music has really impressed me (and others) with its beautiful hi-res interface, which when viewed on a HD screen just adds to the enjoyment of the music.

An official XMBC plugin (including the Radio feature) would be a massive hit.

Zetsumei

I support an official plugin also if i was able to send music from my computer to play on the plugin that would be cool too.

Leoparda
Please do! I would so love the official plugin 🙂