Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnerships] Serato DJ

I love Spotify and find amazing music all the time.  Recently I started using Serato DJ but haven’t been able to see my Spotify playlists, something I would love to be able to do as it is making me use alternatives like iTunes - which makes me feel I am going back in time.  

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Yeshman

Hopefully I'll get 9 more votes on this via sharing it but everyone needs to pitch in. Then spotify wont have any reason to deny us 👌

Cguzmanlaserna

2 votes away... We're almost there!!

Cguzmanlaserna

Dear Spotify team, can this now be considered? We are over 50 votes... 

Yeshman

I think it's due to licensing. Spotify would need to make a deal. Serato could "easily" implement it into the program but spotify would need to approve it with record deals as far as I know. If they did, it would make searching for a song so much easier 

SlingShott

That would be great! I'm excited about Spotify, and I'm reluctant to switch to another streaming service that supports such a DJ function. it would probably, no doubt with many security many Dj's, unimagined possibilities open!

aprilzhong319

You can follow this tutoriel to add  Spotify Music to Serato DJ Software

Charlee1985

This is looong due.

musicstudent

@lifseybr wrote:

Totally agree and am so confused why this isn't already a thing

I think it would be a hugely complex adjustment of Spotify's contracts with the big record companies. It's probably a significantly different deal to say "give us your music for individuals to stream personally" versus "give us your music so DJs can perform it seamlessly in clubs and make potentially lots of money from it"

djlastword
Djay pro2 already does it so it's not impossible...
johnhamelink

Unfortunately I switched away from being a long time premium spotify user to Tidal because of its integration into the upcoming release of Serato. I suspect quite a few DJ/producer types will follow suit!