Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Personal Rating of Music

It would be awesome if it was possible to give a personal rating to your songs and albums (and artists), and then sort them after it in your playlists.

Hope to see it in the future, it shouldn't even be that hard. 

Thank you!

Updated on 2018-10-02

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now' again for the time being, as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
cr4p7

well coming from iTunes (and before Windows Media Player) I just can not understand, how someone can live without those 5 stars ratings. For the moment I am staying at Spotify because none of the other streaming services offers 5 stars ratings, but as soon as one of those other services enables the star ratings I am surely gone forerver (unless spotify implements this feature)

bzero

I can't believe why Spotify does not see the benefit of a 5-star rating...

SporMaster
Yes I agree too
Elstad
We need this feature, shouldn't even require a bunch of kudos. It's a no brainer!
Doesn't even have to be 1-5 rating, could just be like an Instagram doubletap that then adds a little symbol next to the track.
Yes - Exactly like the Starred function that was removed for some mysterious reason.

But kudos!
kjbaumga

Right now, my workaround for this is to create playlists and save songs to a playlist that represents my three, four, and five star ratings.     Spotify doesn't even make that very easy for you.    Your "5 star" and "4 star" playlists should always be easily accessible, or even built in, and they should always appear at the top of your list of playlists.     

The problem with this approach is that, like most people, I like to listen to music of a particular artist at times, or a particular genre.        With no equivalent to "stars", you have to create separate playlists for "5 Star Songs", "5 Star Songs by Band X", and "5 Star Songs By Band X off of Album Y", "5 Star Songs of Genre Z"      Then you have to repeat this for "Four Star" songs, and so on.     

It seems really odd that you're pretty much forcing users to do this by hand.      You already allow someone to take a 5 Star song and add it to a playlist named "5 star", and do this in just a couple of seconds, so what is the big deal about adding ratings?    

Hannah31

I DEFINITELY AGREE. ALSO:

I don't know how to post a suggestion, but I feel strongly about this. When we go to add songs to playlists, we add each song individually to playlists. Wouldn't it be great if we could just go to a playlist and click a 'plus' button, thus allowing us to add songs from our libraries with one click of a button? My music would certainly be more organized! Anyway, I love spotify!! Please share this and like it - I think it would make everything a bit easier!

camila_panda

ONLY thing I miss from using iTunes, pleeeeease. Not always the popular is what matches our personal preferences. 

mcordey

1 to 5 stars for each tune and the possibility to sort them in your playlists would be a great add !

On iTunes I really appreciate the 5,4,3,2,1 stars that allow me to organise my playlists.

Pleeeeaaaase !!!

kamthaka

I would very much like to be able to rate my songs for personal use - please ugrade the idea Spotify!!

everth_21

Para Cuando la playlist de canciones mas escuchadas 😕