Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Personal Rating of Music

It would be awesome if it was possible to give a personal rating to your songs and albums (and artists), and then sort them after it in your playlists.

Hope to see it in the future, it shouldn't even be that hard. 

Thank you!

Updated on 2018-10-02

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now' again for the time being, as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
chickenwingding

I like this idea, please add this capability!

Also, I think it would be nice to have the rating determine how often it appears in the queue on shuffle play.

mukokvasselle

This is a standard feature accross every music playing software for a reason. It can't be that hard to implement a personal rating system especially considering most free platforms have one I dont see why a premium service shouldn't.  

maki1980

Please consider developing this feature. I'm looking forward to using it.

Regards

delhayek

Up!

I switched from Apple Music to Spotify last month (because I suddenly lost all my playlist in iTunes for no reason...)

I liked the way how u could manage the playlist in iTunes, especially the rating systems with stars where very usefull.

Please add this in spotify 🙂

Thanks

bb264

This would keep me as a spotify premium user as I use 5 star playlists etc

fuel126

Yes. This. This would be great in the "Disover Weekly" playlist as well to better-tailor results for discovering new songs and artists.

thunksalot

Listen to your paying users, Spotify!

harrybzen

I'd love to see a rating system. My problem with Spotify at present is that 75% the songs saved to my library are EDM, but 100% of my "Discover Weekly" songs are folk/rock (which is about 20% of my saved songs). One of the features that sold me on Spotify was the currated Discover Weekly mix, but now I'm finding it doesn't reflect the type of music I most enjoy!

221v

Is it possible that spotify has users suggesting/asking for/crying out for 1-5 star ratings in an easy usable one click form simce 2012 - and that until today in 2016 this has not been implemented? Am using spotify for my first time and day today in the premium version. have not found those features, not even a favorite feature. love the sound quality on my bowers&Wilkins car stereo, but these features are key to the most basic and intuitive usage of any music app. cannot believe that spotify lets people brag about this for 4 years without doing anything about it. if my first month is over and there is no favorites function available, will quit. this is like selling a car without wipers and letting customers use it in the rain. it smoehow works but just hugely limits its every day value, not to mention you cannot go faster than 20 mph.

i use ratings in every other music app to mark down and quickly find back songs i wanted to listen, or songs i need to remember for some reasons. making a playlist is the only way in spotify to "mark" a song, but is for obvious reasons not as handy.

even a simplified "heart" system would be enough, and a very welcome addition