Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Picture on Profile

I would like to suugest the option of adding our own pictures or avitars WITHOUT linking it to our Facebook accounts.

I know there are some of us that were fortunate enough to get Spotify before it linked with Facebook and I would love to add my picture on the account page.

Updated: 2016-10-20

We’re excited to finally share that you can now upload your own profile picture on Desktop. Uploading via iOS and Android to follow. The feature is slowly rolling out so if you don’t have it yet check back soon. Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy!

Comments
Jmbull-us

Hello all,

I'd like to thank Spotify for the awesome service they provide. Having been a computer enhusiast/hobbyist for over 30 years, I know the effort required to enable this feature would take less time than necessary to prepare a cup of coffee. This feature only being available with a linked Facebook accoiunt seems a bit narrow minded. There are those that prefer not to have a Facebook account.. ever. Why should those that have made that descision have a relatively simple feature made unavailable for their enjoyment? While it isn't a deal breaker, it does make one wonder what the decision making process is allowing this to continue. I hope Spotify will reconsider their stance on this. I believe it to be a reasonable request. By the size of this thread, it's obvious others feel the same way.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

J Bull

jts4jc
Them words though
inomniaparatus

I'm very glad I jumped started this post. Thank you all that continue to "rant" - like me - about this ridiculous lack of functionality. 

Hey Spotify people!! I know that having everyone login in with a FB account is really lucrative, but please do grant us with an option that has been around since the dawn of the web… thank you.

floyd_darkside

Not sure why they wouldn't let us add our own profile image without a FaceBook link, but please make this happen ASAP!

discretinri

darn people have been asking for this for 4 years and spotify still hasn't done anything... FAWWWWK YOUUUUUUU!

dillionaire85

I also would like to express my feelings on this matter. That expression is that it is ridiculous I can't upload my own photo. Facebook was ok at one time, but now it is a useless message board for people to whine about garbage they don't even have knowledge about. Therefore I don't use it. It would be nice to be able to upload that picture though. So Spotify, get on that and make everyone who could give less of a darn about Facebook happy.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Implemented
Updated: 2016-03-14

Hey everyone. We're updating this Idea Status to 'Good Idea' this week. Please continue to leave your kudos and comments here and we'll post as soon as we have news about this feature. Thanks!

Luna0602

Hooray, they actually updated the status. I think I just peed myself a little...the world might collapse in on itself.

homoriot

I'm posting again to underscore how this is a real and legitimate gripe against Spotify.  I was a former RDIO subscriber and loved my service but went searching for an alternative with the Pandora take over.  I generally like Spotify and I think it has gotten better just in the few months I've been a subscriber BUT... the inability to post a profile picture of my own choosing and an insistence that I link to FB really makes Spotify look like it's out of touch.  I'm an artist and am unable to have a personal profile on FB because it doesn't like my name.  I have a fan page but you can't link spotify to a fan page.  I want to share my music and my playlists with my fans and community but without a profile pic it seems pointless.

I know it's possible to have a profile pic that is not a FB profile picture, there are plenty of celebrities and corporate accounts that have pictures not associated with their personal FB pages, so what's the problem with those of us individuals who want to express ourselves and our chosen image sans FB.  

I really hope this gets resolved.  It makes Spotify look weak and douchey.  If it doesn't get resolved I can promise that I will jump ship as soon as there is a viable and more user friendly service.  There's always something newer fresher and bolder on the horizon and if Spotify can't change and evolve it will be left to the AOL and MySpace digital graveyard. 

thelonelypie

Came here to be able to upload a picture to my spotify profile. This seems like a basic feature, especially for a program as respected and renowned as Spotify. 

Don't have Facebook.