[Pioneer] Spotify Connect on Pioneer Devices

I'm here on behalf of all who feel betrayed by Spotify (see https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/002/page/1/thread-id/33911). You REMOVED the #SpotifyConnect support to my Pioneer speakers (and to those of A LOT of people out there) without a proper explanation. Suddenly we have USELESS speakers in our homes, and it's not our fault. We're here to ask you to reconsider your actions. We will stop using Spotify (and we won't renew the Premium subscription) until this problem has been fixed. 

Updated on 2018-02-25

Hi! Thanks for the feedback!

Marked as new idea :)
/L

Comments
Merchant
Regular

I agree whole heartedly. Fix this issue Spotify. My Pioneer LX57 Receiver is now a boat anchor.

5tratocaster
Regular

I agree absolutely. My subscription is up for renewal on 14th of Feb and it isn't going to happen if I can't make proper use of it. On my Pioneer AV Amplifier I used to get great high quality sound, but not any more. I don't want to listen to low grade music bluetoothed from my phone.

meyster
Music Fan

Whatever you have changed, change it back please. 

LX-57 not working any longer with Spotify Connect. 

sinky

Same here with my Pioneer VSX-528. Spotify Connect isn't working any more.

chrisstorrier
Casual Listener

Me as well....£600+ for a Pioneer AV amp and these clowns have ruined everthing...they seem determined for everyone to use Bluetooth...utter nonsense...commercial suicide...now i have to buy cd's again because i have no music...cancelled my subscription forever...i advise all people with Connect to boycotte this company and seek legal advice...a couple of claims against these people will help thousands.....WE WANT CONNECT BACK....WE PAID GOOD MONEY FOR THIS....

5tratocaster
Regular

I agree absolutely. My subscription is up for renewal on 14th of Feb and it isn't going to happen if I can't make proper use of it. On my Pioneer AV Amplifier I used to get great high quality sound, but not any more. I don't want to listen to low grade music bluetoothed from my phone.

5tratocaster
Regular

Most people who have been affected by this bizarre decision have threatened to leave Spotify, but I don't believe a few thousand less will worry them.

They have virtually 'stolen' a feature of my very expensive receiver. It's bordering on illegal, though I'm sure they've made sure it isn't.

I think they would be more worried by bad publicity. If the public at large know that buying a music streamer because it supports Spotify Connect is no guarantee that Spotify will still support it in 3 years time, they may start looking for alternatives . Eventually, Spotify will catch cold.

They haven't even had the decency to say why they've done it.

sluck69

Not only that. Also Ford SYNC support is gone recently!! **bleep** is this?? After years of easy listening in the car over bluetooth now I have to use a cable?? Backwards ideas?? 

j_wadman

Spotify, you have handled this really bad!

The communication around this failure has also been really bad!

Double error!

Correct this this month or I will discontinue the "service".

FunFair

Oh my... I have been troubleshooting for 2 days now trying to fix Spotify connect... And then I read this. I have a pioneer vsx-510 and Spotify is my main source for audio on this device.. it's the main reason to get it a year ago and now it freaking stopped working!?

Are you trying to lose customers? Now I've got to spend another €40 to be able to listen to music again... But then again.. why would I stick to Spotify? This is such a messed up action...