Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Playlists] Enhance Playlist on Desktop

Please introduce the Enhance Playlist on Desktop, I see only the original not-enhanced playlist on Desktop.

Updated on 2022-10-07

Hey folks!

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the Enhance Playlist on Desktop feature is now available!

Thank you for helping us make Spotify better!
Cheers!

Top Answer
themonarc
Music Fan

What do you know! As of today I’m seeing support for this on the desktop macOS app. Version is 1.1.95.893.g6cf4d40c (Apple Silicon).

E20D838D-A6A2-4E56-9D17-28A5781ADFAC.jpeg

Comments
CarlosE
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-10-22

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Luan
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2022-01-21

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

lainebrary

I am genuinely confused why this request is closed. This seems like a thing that should be an obvious addition which could fix two issues which have been around for years now. The playlist radio feature is perpetually in some stage of broken, assuming it's available at all, and queueing each song out of the Recommended Songs for a playlist is tiresome at best. I assumed that the new "Enhance" option on mobile was a move to finally fix both of those things.

Closing this topic tells me I won't see that feature moved over for the foreseeable future, which is disappointing to say the least. I guess I get to try to be grateful that the playlist radios are available at all right now and keep just skipping over playlists when their radios won't load anything but the first 5 songs on a given day.

Spliterator

What, not enough people are clicking on this obscure and unadvertised forum so the desktop application doesn't get feature parity with mobile? How is this even an idea, nobody's asking for anything new here! This feature already exists on mobile, why do users need to grovel and beg for basic feature updates? What's next, will the signout button get dropped due to a lack of kudos? Song searching maybe?

camello222

Come on people, let's vote for this!!

shneems

Why isn't this a thing already Spotify? You have the feature on mobile. You are just leaving your desktop users out to dry. What's the thought process here? What kind of business model is this? Are you guys ok? Blink twice

HoratioBassoonblower

Adding what is hopefully the necessary "kudos" to reopen this issue, and hopefully reopen a Spotify dev's eyes as well. 

Add the enhance function to the desktop player. There is no good reason not to. I use the desktop app about 50% of the time.

bthedub

+1, love the mobile feature! I end up playing music from my phone on my desktop, but I would love the ability to just play an enhanced playlist straight from the desktop. 

Raivshard

+1
Desktop absolutely needs this.

nopjar

Are you guys serious? What is the overall issue with publishing a new feature on all platforms? This smells like bias and should not be a thing for a global concern.