[Playlist] Continue with this Playlist after Queue

This feature appears to be completely nuked in the latest desktop version (I'm on OSX).  

Typically, my usage pattern is to queue up a bunch of music and forget about it.  When I double click a song, it will stuff the Play Queue with a bunch of stuff I don't want to listen to.  Before, I had the option to swap out the Play Queue with songs from another playlist using the "Choose as current playlist" feature (so when the stuff I queue up is done playing, it will switch over to the playlist).  I also use this feature to indicate that I don't want any songs to play after the things I've queued up (by choosing an empty playlist as the "current playlist").

Without this functionality, the Play Queue is stuck there.  Yes, I can doubleclick a new song somewhere else, but that will interrupt the song that is currently playing.  In general we need a better way to manage the music that autoplays after the queued songs.

Updated: 2015-04-14

Hey guys, we're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now' for the time being. However, we're continuing to bring your feedback to teams internally every week. If there's an update on this decision we will let you know here, thanks everyone.

Comments
arvul
Casual Listener

People have been wanting this feature back all four years since it disappeared. I think it is time to raise the priority from "not right now" to something with a little more dignity.

Harkekark

It was idiotic to remove this feature in the first place. Just bring it back, please.

taedium
Gig Goer

Please bring this back! The 0.9 client no longer works and this really messes up the experience. 

taedium
Gig Goer

Please bring this feature back so it is easy to queue up multiple playlists!

ivarkr

@taedium wrote:

Was this possible before? I thought this was about being able to essentially "queue" a single playlist that would play when the queue runs out?

taedium
Gig Goer

@ivarkr wrote:

@taedium wrote:

Was this possible before? I thought this was about being able to essentially "queue" a single playlist that would play when the queue runs out?

Yep. You could click "choose as current playlist", which would queue the playlist after the current song finished, and then queue up as many different ones you'd like. 

Spotify 0.9.15.27 released in 2014 remains the most feature rich and snappy client they have released.

Compare its performance and features to the bloated client today and you'll be puzzled. 

emilklindt

This is a very basic feature, that makes the queue experience much more smooth in my opinion. A simple solution would be, to add an item to the dropdown when right-clicking a playlist: "Play after queue". This is equivalent of changing the current playlist (ie. the playlist that will play after empty queue), to this selected playlist. 

With current behaviour, one would have to wait untill the queue is finished, and then manually start the desired playlist. This is my current behaviour, to avoid skipping queued songs, and it seems very irrational that the playlist cannot be selected before the end of the queue, in order not to skip songs or otherwise jump queue.