[Playlist] Do not stop Playback when Video fails to load

Depending on your location, videos may be unavailable during playback.

I've noticed that when I'm connected to my VPN provider (Mullvad), I usually get: "We're not able to play this video in your current location".

If I'm playing a curated playlist which includes videos, this means that the playback completely halts at that error when it encounters a video in a playlist. That is a horrible user experience.

I have Spotify in the background, listening to music, and it all of the sudden just stops, just because it wants to show a video, which I wouldn't watch anyway?

There are a few options, the best one would of course be to disable videos (play the/a corresponding audio file instead?), since I don't have the interface open anyways...  if not, then the error might be shown, but it continues playing the next song anyways. Stopping the music when the interface isn't even showing is a big UX no-no..

Platform: Linux Desktop

Updated on 2018-07-28

Marked as new idea.

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-07-28

Marked as new idea.

morka88
I totally agree, having your music stop randomly because it can’t play a video “playback failure” is very annoying and I experience daily, I’d like for spotify to fix this so that the video is either skipped and continues playing or the song plays without the video as suggested.