Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sorting Options for List of Playlists

I would love to be able to sort my playlists by Artists, then drill down by album so as not to clutter my Spotify. It's pretty hard to organize my playlists the current way. Any ideas on a future iteration that will enable this capability?

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks,

Slight update to this idea, which we think is worth highlighting. With the recent update to Your Library on mobile, it's now possible to sort and filter your Playlists, Artists and Albums in more ways. 

To find the filters, just pull down on the tab you're on, select filters and then choose the one you'd like. The 'Custom Order' filter on the Playlist section will mirror the order you have on Desktop - which means it's now possible to maintain the way your organise your tunes on Desktop across to Mobile. 

We'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for tips on how to add playlist folders using the desktop app. They're super handy for keeping your music organized.

With the search function at the top it's also possible to drill down by Artist in your Album section. To do so, just pull down and type the name of the artist you're looking for. 

Will now mark this idea as Implemented.

Thanks!

Comments
NAVYBEAR146
To fix this, SIMPLY cancel your membership...there are hundreds of similar requests to SPOTIFY to give users such a option, falls on not deaf ears, but dumb because they do not listen, simply put...avoid the aggravation and simply QUIT.

When i order  all album of an artist of an artist by Name, enter one album and go back the prevoius order is gone.... That's horrible unusefull 😉 

roko1

Good Grief!

This request has been on this board in various forms for YEARS!!!!  (at least since 2012 if not earlier!)

All many of us want is to be able to VIEW PLAYLISTS in ALPHABETICAL order - like we can on the (android/iOS) App!

So, my question is, if it can be done on the app, why can it not be done on the desktop application?!?!?!?

I too, am a premium member. For years now.

What the heck, Spotify?!?!?!

PLEEEEEAAAASSSEEE!!!!

stevemcquin

Really weird that you can't do this.

It would be so simple: Right click on Folder with playlists - then have options such as: sort by name

jf37T

Thoughts about playlist order:

I like to be able to order the songs in a playlist according to what I think is a nice sequence.

I mix up artists for variety, and vocals with instrumentals, etc.

I do this for many playlists.

However, I sometimes want to reorder these playlists by song title, artist or album

for many reasons, but only temporarily.

After doing this, I would like some way to revert to my “special order’.

Can this be done now?

If not, this is a feature I would like to see.

ulrichburke

Dear Everyone.

Erm.... I've KINDA found an answer to this but I can't make it work - please help me if I'm being dumbass...

If you go to EDIT on the top-left-hand side, there IS a filter option, shortcut CTRL-F, but it doesn't seem to DO anything. At least not on mine, nothing changes.  But could this be the filter option talked about in the duplicate thread to this, the one they said was only on the mobile version? And if it is, why can't I make it do anything? I've tried SELECT ALL first, THEN CTRL-F, but nothing seems to happen unless I'm looking in the wrong place somewhere....

Can someone please put me out of their misery by telling me what I'm doing wrong/what should be happening/what IS happening that I'm missing!?!

Yours hopefully

Chris.

COCCIDIOIDES

It is 2016, I subscribe to a music streaming service, and I can't have my playlists grouped by artist. 

For instance.

Level 1 (artist)

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Level2 (albums)

Blood Sugar **bleep** Magik

Californication

How is this hard? I can lend my developer expertise to make this happen.

shinobisensei

I like this idea. You should be able to sort playlists by Date Created, Playlist Name, and by Number of Songs. It would also be cool to add sorting like this to the saved songs, and songs in your playlists. You know, Date Added, Song Name, Artist Name (alphabetical), Album Title (alphabetical). All sorting would go both ways too. If you clicked on the Name sorting option, it would give you A-Z, but if you clicked on it again, it would change to Z-A.

Seriously, why don't we have this yet?

JoshuaG

Also to be able to sort the "checked" and "not checked" songs.

JoshuaG

What about sorting by genre too?