Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist superset that dynamically updates when component playlists change

0 Likes

I want to create some playlists that are more specific and have the songs I add there automatically be added to playlists that are more general. For example, I might create a "Brazilian" playlist (this is the more general, or "superset", playlist). Then I would create some playlists like "samba", "bossa nova", "brazilian rap", etc. When I add a song to (for example) the "samba" playlist, I want it to automatically be added to the "Brazilian" playlist.

Is this possible? If not, could this feature be added?

Currently, I have to add a song manually to both the specific and more general playlists, which is a waste of time.

I know that users are able to add playlists to other playlists, but this is a one-time event. After adding playlist1 to playlist2 (the "superset" playlist), playlist2 will not update if another song gets added to playlist1 in the future.

Comments
alexcewing

Note, it was suggested that by @osornios that I submit this idea to the Idea Submissions forum. I was unable to gain access, and a spotify support person gave me a link to submit here. It seems this may be the same place I did my original post (title: "Create a playlist that automatically adds songs from other playlist"). If this is the case, and I've created a duplicate, I apologize.