[Playlists] Ability to link together Tracks in Playlists

Hi,

Wouldn't it be great if you could "pair" or "link" tracks together in a playlist?  Then even if you shuffle-played, certain songs would always play together.

spotify-idea-1244603-crop-annotated.pngmock-up of how linking/pairing a song might work.

I year ago I signed up for premium after listening free for a while, and coming off of Pandora.  As I listened to all the songs I've "liked" with shuffle, the one thing that kept coming into my mind was the terrible feeling you get when a song that is meant to follow another is not played.  You get the feeling of being violated; it is a terrible experience.  As I searched for this feature, I see that the ongoing idea for that had been marked inactive:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Ability-to-link-together-tracks-in-playlists-also-for-...

That idea got 138 kudos.  The other 18 ideas since 2012 all link to the one above (see attached).  There are still a few kudos left over in those topics (19).  So that makes 157+1 (me) kudos in the last 3 years.  Isn't that enough to meet the 50 kudos/year threshold?

Its a simple thing to ask: allow songs to be paired together in a playlist.  In the last year, this idea has gotten just over 90 kudos.  The comments have been really great and a great advocacy for the feature.  Let's everyone see if we can push this one over the top.  I'll bet if we can get this to go viral, the Spotify devs will do it.

Letting a song "pair" with another in a playlist would be enough to make alot of people happy.  I know I would be.

Thanks very much!

-bogdan

Updated on 2019-05-23

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Rolly22
Gig Goer

Wow! Searched for this feature,  but being not a native speaker used the wrong searchphrase and created a new idea. Someone marked it as duplicate and pointed me to here. Has my vote too of course.

OmeDuo
Visitor

Yes, I need this option so much!
Wanted to post this idea myself, but you had the same idea. Hope they will implent this soon.

schippsid
Visitor

This is outrageous that you don't have this feature. Apple music does so I am canceling my Spotify account and using Apple instead.