[Playlists] Add a song on the top/bottom of your playlist option

Currently, when you add a new song to your playlist, it's automatically added to the bottom of your playlist if it's custom ordered. I have a playlist with over 400 songs that I moved from youtube by using a third party tool. Now when I add a new song I have to move it from the bottom to the top manually, which takes a while, because I have to go thru all 400 songs. I know about the sorting by date added, but when I do it, the songs that I ported are reversed, because the porting tool imported them from the first one to the last.

In youtube there is an option called "Add new videos to top of playlist" which you can turn on and off and if you could add the same thing it would be great. 
As a developer, I see this as not so hard to implement and it would really help me and a lot of other people for sure. It was suggested a while ago, but the idea was closed and probably forgotten.

Updated on 2020-03-24

Marked as a New Idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-03-24

Marked as a New Idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Casual Listener

Intresting idea. How about option in PL to divide them inside list of song, by albums/library or genre? It would me magnificent to have such thing. 

Casual Listener

There's an option if you go to the settings for each playlist to sort by "recently added". It will fill your playlist from top to bottom. 

Casual Listener

Yea, i know thanks, but it's not the case 🙂 

Casual Listener

I've explained why this isn't working, please read the whole suggestion before commenting 🙂

Absolutely need this, I've just converted from YT Music an I need my custom ordering but want to add new songs to the top of the playlist