[Playlists] Automatically replace unavailable Songs in a Playlist

Hey,

Tried searching but this is not so straightforward so sorry if it's been up before.

The removal of songs from playlists i annoying, but i guess inevitable (withdrawel or not renewel for record company?).

However, i've there was a connection with artist and title in playlist those tracks should be able to reappear since alot of tracks actually makes it back on other albums/releases.

I don't know much about how spotify organize this structurally, but i would be very happy if disabled songs were enabled again or i was notified that the track is now realeased on another album.

One example is Aether - Makishift sanctuary. It was removed some time ago (The album - Artifacts). I discovered randomly that it's back on a different compilation release (Album - Silent In Truth) by varius artirts. Would mean a great deal to alot of playlistmakers i think if it could be an automatic enabeling or some notification at least.

Updated on 2018-10-19

Marked as new idea.

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-10-19

Marked as new idea.

GBrady43068
Casual Listener

I like this idea. My usual practice is to use playlists for sampling purposes but the majority of my listening is on My Library set to shuffle. It would be nice to get some notification of songs that are unavailable so you can search for a replacement or better still as in the previous iteration of this idea if the app could suggest a replacement by matching on Song Title, Artist, and Track Duration.