[Playlists] Delete "Remastered" and "Year of Remastered" from song titles.

What I would really like to see is Song Titles only. When I'm looking for song titles to build my playlists I don't care if the song was Remastered of when it was Remastered. When I'm looking for a Beatles song from 1965 I don't care if it was Remastered in 2006. And surely not in type as large as the song title itself. If you want to list whether a song was Remastered and/or When it was Remastered, then put in tiny type beneath the artist name or in a box like EXPLICIT. It is very annoying to find an old song and right next to the title is Remastered 2008, etc... Especially when I play the song right next to the original, same speaker system, etc. and can't hear any discernible difference. Please, I'm begging you, at the very least create a way to delete this Remastered business away from the song title. It IS NOT part of the song title. Please stop treating when/if a song was Remastered as if it were part of the song title. Some of us are audiophiles. We don't care about when or if a song was Remastered! Thank You.

"Song Titles are as important as the lyric and arrangement. When or If it was Remastered Matters Not"

Updated on 2018-11-09

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
adambridges182
Music Fan

Hey @geolion, great idea! I thought the same thing with regards to the Beatles titles. I think the issue is that a lot of people do not like the "remastered" sound quality and prefer the original, so Spotify keep the remastered tag in there so user can differentiate between the two? Maybe they will just keep it to the album title instead of a long tract title in brackets? Anyway, fingers crossed, great post! Adam. 

geolion
Casual Listener

Thanks Adam. Let's hope the Spot Masters are listening :)

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-11-09

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

nowns

If you must, have separate albums with the remastered date in the album title. While we're at it, can we get (Feat. "Artist") removed from songtitles and just have the featured artists listed secondary in grey like they often, but annoyingly, aren't always are? Help my Last.fm profile and OCD out here, Spotify, I'm begging you.

Februari

Make it happen 2019. How is this still an issue.

geolion
Casual Listener
**bleep** yeah! Is anyone at Spotify listening?
burritoparty

Yes!!! My last.fm charts are a mess now!