Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Friends top songs of 2021

Previous years you were able to share a link to other people with your Spotify Wrapped playlist. This year, when you click on the link it just takes you to your own Top Songs. Please can this feature be added in to allow sharing and the social side to return.

Updated on 2022-02-03

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Montesi

When I share my "Your Artists Revealed" playlist to friends it should link to MY Your Artists Revealed playlist TO THEM, NOT send them their own. I see why it does this, but for one of the most advanced algorithms in the world, I should think Spotify would have thought of this?

On my iPhone iOS 15.xx, I find my YAR playlist (yay) and get the share link. I share it with a friend. They click on it...it's THEIR YAR. Not mine. Ok fine. Click share via messages...same thing. They try to share. I click the link. It goes to mine. 

PLEASE ALL WE WANT TO DO IS SHARE OUR FAVORITE SONGS. LET USSSS

mles37

Yes!! I've been trying to look at my friends' playlists and it's not working 😞

robert_joy

Also notable is that when I look at Friend Activity in the PC app, and then I click on somebody's "Your Top Songs" 2021 who's currently listening to their own 2021 playlist, that link takes me to my own top songs playlist and not the person's.  This is different than previous years.  Something is effed up.

hannesflo

Yes! Sharing Playlists with each other was part of the fun. But it was planned like that: 

We can confirm this is an expected behavior. We'd suggest creating a Wrapped + Blend with your friend instead. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Workaround is selecting all songs and creating a new Playlist to put them in.

But it is still a big letdown. 

noahdecker

FIX IT SPOTIFY NO ONE LIKES BLEND

tiefputin

spotify you made me log in to this account, put it back pls

hannesflo

@Spotify: Part of the fun was sharing the playlists with each other at the end of the year to see what I/they've been up to. A Blend / Sharing 'On Repeat' is different and more short term, and not an annual event you are excited for.

unclejohns

Fix this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same. I keep sending my friend the link to my Top 2021 and it tells him that its deleted.

Scruvotron

My friends and I use this feature every year. Really sad to see it gone.