Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Friends top songs of 2021

Previous years you were able to share a link to other people with your Spotify Wrapped playlist. This year, when you click on the link it just takes you to your own Top Songs. Please can this feature be added in to allow sharing and the social side to return.

Updated on 2022-02-03

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-12-08

Hey! Looks like that your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues to be supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your idea. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

MattSuda

An announcement in the Spotify Community on this can be found here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Podcasts-Partners-etc/Sharing-Your-Top-Songs-2021/td-p/530793...

Sharing links to "Your Top Songs of 2021" playlist will not take you to the other person's playlist. Instead, it will direct you to your own playlist this time. This is an expected behavior.

If you want to share your "Top 100 Songs" playlist with other people you can create your own playlist by copying over the songs to a new playlist:

On desktop: CTRL/CMD + A in the playlist > right click > Add to playlist > Add to new playlist or drag selection into a playlist in the left sidebar

Android app only: Tap on the three dot menu in the Top Songs playlist > Add to other playlist > New Playlist

As an alternative you can use the new "Blend Playlist" feature with a friend. After you have both joined the Blend, when you go to view the Blend playlist in the mobile app, there should be a bubble at the top of the playlist. When you tap on that you both can view your own personalized 2021 Wrapped: Blend Edition based on both of your music listening during the year. The Blend playlist itself still acts as a regular Blend playlist and matches the two people's music tastes and updates regularly.

2021 Wrapped: Blend – Tapping into the new Blend feature launched this year, Spotify fans can see how their 2021 music tastes match up with friends, stream their blended playlist, and share their results on social. Compare your music taste in 2021 with a friend and get a blended playlist.

More info on how to use the Blend Friend Playlist feature can be found here:

https://support.spotify.com/article/blend/

https://newsroom.spotify.com/2021-08-31/how-spotifys-newest-personalized-experience-blend-creates-a-...

Spotify news article on Wrapped:

https://newsroom.spotify.com/2021-12-01/the-wait-is-over-your-spotify-2021-wrapped-is-here/

Wrapped FAQ:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/FAQs/Your-2021-Wrapped-FAQ/ta-p/5306662

unclejohns

So friends who just use iPhones can't share?  Awesome "fix" guys!

Dunk7

@MattSuda "If you want to share your "Top 100 Songs" playlist with other people you can create your own playlist by copying over the songs to a new playlist" This is the most stupid answer. Users want to share their playlist directly and not create a new one.

OranDan

please just fix it, it literally takes out like 85% of the fun if you can't share it.

Novy
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2022-02-03

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

AdamDam

I think this is a great idea! I like to add the “Your Top Songs” playlists from Wrapped to my Spotify profile, so that other users can check out the songs that I listened to most frequently during the year; and I’d be glad to have the same functionality for the Your Top Songs 2021 playlist.

tiefputin

time to bring this back i guess because spotify didnt learn anything

TASS55

Well two years in a row now. I’ll be cancelling my account, not sure why getting rid of the ability to share with you friends was seen as the right call.

unclejohns

"Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea."

Turns out, they really just ignored it!!! Great work