Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Merge / Add a Playlist to another Playlist

It would be great to combine playlists together. With the option to avoid multiples of the same track(s) along with a prompt to confirm the addition of one playlist to another. 

Updated on 2023-05-04

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on Android, iOS and Desktop.

You just need to select the playlist, then choose the option  "Add to other playlist" > and add it to the desired playlist.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
miakoyal

Yes! This is an absolute banger of an idea... Spotify, please implement this feature! 🙂

Kay_robbs

Well look into it Spotify! It's not like youre a multi-billion dollar industry or anything.. It's annoying trying to organize my playlists one by one! 

k995337

The solution that ‎petsy48 provided above (2018-04-20 09:05 PM) works just fine!! Thank you.

Melody
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2018-08-29

Hey everyone.

Thanks for sharing your feedback here in the Idea Exchange.

At the moment, we don't have any plans for this feature.
We're keeping the status as 'Not Right Now', but we appreciate all of the comments.

We'll continue checking back here, and passing this info on.
If there are any updates to share in the future, we'll keep you posted.

Thanks.

gareth8

Just seen this in the Auguest 2018 ideas review and I'm a bit puzzled why this is a thing when I've been doing it for years.  And when Spotify added the duplicate track warning - frankly one of the few decent features they've ever added to the program - you didn't even have to go through the playlist and remove copies yourself.

Silliegirl

please do merge 

RicktheSwiss

Well, seems like you are doing "nothing right now" more adequately. Shuffle sucks for years, no improvement. Genre sorting of saved songs, still not done.. Playlist merging, not right now.. Removing duplicate songs from playlist or saved songs.. Not possible.. What are you guys actually doing. I am a user for years and there have been zero useful improvements. New UI yeaa, really what we wanted and needed.. We want functionality not visual improvements. God I think I am going to start a competing product if you are not able to get proper programmers to implement new functions fast and efficiently even though you got all the resources needed. 

Dre732001

Please add the Marge playlist feature aft last for those who pay for services. .

Chrillz

It could simply be like any photo handling app where you press edit and it is possible to highlight multipel photos (in this case songs) or press ”select all” and then move all selection to an existing or new album (playlist). That would be a clean and useful solution. 

Jraz
Very good idea, also to erase from playlist.