Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Merge / Add a Playlist to another Playlist

It would be great to combine playlists together. With the option to avoid multiples of the same track(s) along with a prompt to confirm the addition of one playlist to another. 

Updated on 2023-05-04

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on Android, iOS and Desktop.

You just need to select the playlist, then choose the option  "Add to other playlist" > and add it to the desired playlist.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
andrew611

Sorry I wasn't specific enough...

1. enter playlist one and highlight the list of songs you wish to move and then *Dont hit the 3 circles* but right mouse click and select add to playlist

2. select your playlist and the whole list will be added to your choosen play list

Hope this works now 🐵

Coolin82

Google play music already allows something similar to this. You can add the now playing que into an existing playlist. Guess this is another reason to stick with google and not pay for Spotify anytime soon.

virtualmischa

Hi all,
I would like to be able to add all songs of an existing playlist to other or new playlist. Currently you can only add all songs of an album to a playlist, so why not provide the same feature for playlists?
This would allow a user to easily clone an existing playlist or quickly create a playlist for a party or any other occasion. Futhermore, this allows to copy a public playlist and modify it according to your own taste.
For now this is only possible for the desktop app using copy and paste, but I only work with the mobile app usually.

Melgaard

Wanted to add my 2 cents to how I would wan't such a feature to work.

A Playlist would either hold songs or hold other playlists. (In an advanced implementation it could even hold a mix, but that might just be confusing and there would exist an extremely easy work-around in adding a playlist with the songs and add that in).

The big advantage to the user here is that when playlists referenced from playlists was updated, they would be automatically updated as well.

Terms:

• Simple Playlist: A playlist that references songs.
  • Aggregated Playlist: A playlist that references other playlists, composition.

Getting the flat list would depend on the type, a Simple Playlist would return it's songs where an Aggregated Playlist would ask all it's referenced lists to return their songs and then put that together into a big list. (This list could then be filred to only return uniqe songs if desired)

This would then even allow for Aggregated Playlists to contain other Aggregated Playlists. Only catch would be recursive referencing, which would be rejected.

I know of easy and clean solutions for all of the above, but I cannot talk about dificulty of adding that to spotify for obvious reasons.

Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2016-08-08

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉

This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

Lecripps

I totally agree with this, really annoying when you want a public playlist but just want to remove a few songs and you have to log onto your pc to do that. 

kl927

Why do they refuse to do this? It's clearly more popular than the small amount of votes it's getting here. It only makes logical sense to allow merging and combining of playlists, seeing as playlists is half of what the service is for. Spotify you need to legitimately look into what the customer wants.

petersgeluid

We Have a sound company and look for a feature in Sportify to combine playlists.

For example we have playlists as 60's, 70's, 80's 90's, 2000-2010, HitMix (2011-2017), Dutch, German, Frensh.

So the costomer kan choose wich kind of music they want at the event. I bought PlayMQ, wonderfull programm I could add playlists to a que, combine multiple playlists and then shuffle. Best programm ever.

Now somebody told me to start with Spotify. But somehow I doesn't work as fine as PlayMyQ. I have more songs then ever with Spotify, but the programm can't combine playlists? Tsssss disapointed :-(:-(:-(

Adpatterson

Would love this feature 

Rlo2

This would be a huge help- I would like to condense my 5 playlists to two big ones and it's not fun to add each song one by one..especially having 100+ songs in each playlist