Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] More Playlist Sorting Options/Columns

Sort options within Spotify are severely lacking.

First, what's lacking outright:

sort by year, total plays, personal playcount, current popularity, genre, tempo, etc.

On top of that, sorting should be stackable, e.g. sort by album by year, or sort artist by total plays, etc.

This could apply to within the artists' pages as well, allowing us to sort through all their songs to better find music that suits our tastes.

Updated on 2020-01-23

Hi folks. Thanks for all your votes and comments. We like this idea, but at the moment we're not planning to do this.

If something should change we'll be sure to come back and provide an update.

Comments
mozltovcoktail

And BPM!

Kables

Track numbers. Currently if I have an album locally that is not in Spotify's database, I have no way of sorting the album by track, and therefore can't listen to in the correct order (if it was imported in the wrong order). This is a deal breaker - I leave Spotify and go use a different music player. It's enough to almost make me quit my subscription....

stufleishman

Here's another thought, i can't find elsewhere but maybe I missed it.  What if there was simply a customizable category for sorting.  

For example.  I'd love to have  BPM's in Spotify but that's a pain in the ass, especially for non-local tracks.  And i understand the metadata for the tracks don't necessarily have that data with it.  But why I can't I just have a column where I could add and sort by bpms.  Or other people could use that field for whatever else they wanted to sort by?

djcalvados

SORT BY RELEASE DATE/YEAR     is my favourite. Not only in library but also in specific playlists !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quantum5

NOt only for local songs, it would be great to implement for the complete spotify catalogue, especially Genre. I think playcount, last played and skipped, too. Combined with a smart playlist function suggested elsewhere, it becomes easy to generate new paylists on the fly, easily find songs you may wanna play, a good step in replacing the local players like iTunes etc.

John4est

Are they going to do this? Because I would love this feature too!

Perosales

Same here... For me this is the only letdown in Spotify.

And the only reason why I sometimes still miss iTunes...

Can you believe that I have been creating manual playlist folders per decade... en below that per genre?

So I have

80s / Pop

80s / Rock

80s / Hiphop

90s / Pop

90s / Dance

90s / Rock

90s / Hiphop

And then per artist and then per album, just to be able to hear specific genre / decade music?

And even after all this work I'm not even able to play only my favorite (starred) 90s dance songs... 😕

Please fix this! 🙂

Real music-lovers need this!

emily0o0o0o0

album release month and year plz

JohnnyT

Definitely a feature that's needed.  I like the itunes comparison with many toggleable choices.  But even something modest like one or two columns for personal comments & sortable would be excellent.  My personal greatest desire is for a bpm or mpm column.  As soon as I started creating playlists on Spotify I wanted this feature.  Need it to create ballroom dance lists by tempo.

Multiple, heirarchical sort would be nice (e.g album release date, then track number; or artist, then album, then song title; however you want to mix up your music)