Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] More Playlist Sorting Options/Columns

Sort options within Spotify are severely lacking.

First, what's lacking outright:

sort by year, total plays, personal playcount, current popularity, genre, tempo, etc.

On top of that, sorting should be stackable, e.g. sort by album by year, or sort artist by total plays, etc.

This could apply to within the artists' pages as well, allowing us to sort through all their songs to better find music that suits our tastes.

Updated on 2020-01-23

Hi folks. Thanks for all your votes and comments. We like this idea, but at the moment we're not planning to do this.

If something should change we'll be sure to come back and provide an update.

Comments
Jayjaymcnaenae

Yo spotify so when is this happening this is an amazing quality of life improvement the I know everyone would appreciate. I just had this conversation about sorting features on Apple Music v spotify and Apple Music definitely has you beat. 

Paulo23

Yes Please!

tschneller

being able to sort a playlist by the year it was made would be super helpful- please get it done 🙂

HamsterHam

This needs to be added, I currently have to use a third-party website to do this for me, which is annoying as it also messes up the date added, but at least my tracks are sorted by year.

tinyjams

We still don't even have a dedicated artist colum. What  joke. Meanwhile, my "idea" to be able to add and customize the columns was just closed because it didn't get enough support. Spotify DOES NOT CARE about its users, just their bottom line. The best thing we can collectively do is CANCEL OUR SUBSCRIPTIONS.

geocaniv

I would love to be able to sort a playlist by the last date played, then be able to sort the list to have the lasted played at the top or at the bottom.  This will allow me to play songs that get ignored by the shuffle feature! 

*Noted for Android but this would a welcomed feature everywhere!

Gio99

Be able to choose the music's from a specific genre we, users, want to listen to in a playlist that has and contains more than one music genre.

VinceA

I really want to be able to sort by plays! This would help me listen to lots of my long-lost, under-played songs that are buried in my library!

I find the shuffle algorithm has a tendency to continue to play your more popular songs. I want to hear the songs i don't always play, when i am listening on shuffle.

Also a tip for anyone, if you sort by alphabetical rather than by recently added the shuffle tends to be more random!

Cheers

meadowsweet19
Would an increased quantity of smaller playlists make a difference? One thing I do, although it's a hassle, is to make a "mirror" playlist where I move the songs as they play, leaving only the songs in the main playlist that haven't yet played. That way there aren't any repeats.
FransHabekotté

To reorganize your playlist 

choose sort option and save in playlist without overwrite added date

sort on id and save to have a more random list to avoid more numbers from same album are following each other

Sort on 3e letter of id

sort on length

sort on 4 letter of songtitle

etc

and then save order in playlist

then you can use it instead of random what does not work on long playlist

best regards

Frans

https://open.spotify.com/user/fenf-nl?si=OqjEy6uaTTioQna3WxgQ7w