Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] More Playlist Sorting Options/Columns

Sort options within Spotify are severely lacking.

First, what's lacking outright:

sort by year, total plays, personal playcount, current popularity, genre, tempo, etc.

On top of that, sorting should be stackable, e.g. sort by album by year, or sort artist by total plays, etc.

This could apply to within the artists' pages as well, allowing us to sort through all their songs to better find music that suits our tastes.

Updated on 2020-01-23

Hi folks. Thanks for all your votes and comments. We like this idea, but at the moment we're not planning to do this.

If something should change we'll be sure to come back and provide an update.

Comments
middaymoon

Coming to spotify from Google Play Music (not Youtube Music) and I'm extremely disappointed. I can't sort a playlist by Liked, I can't even SEE my playcounts. These seem like ultra basic features that would take very little time to implement. Are you telling me that you're not tracking my playcounts internally? Are you telling me that adding  columns to the desktop view to sort by playlist or likes has actual downsides? This makes one of my main usecases nearly impossible in Spotify: I have a "testing" playlist for new albums as they come out or are suggested to me, and is separate from my daily playlist. I no longer have the ability to track how many times I've heard a song on the playlist, and removing the songs I've already decided I like now requires manually scrolling through the whole list and selecting each song with a heart on it. I feel like a really simple procedure has turned into something hacky. Why isn't this implemented?

ilparra

Almost a decade since this request and still no 😕

Auberthouse
Frikin' ridiculous you would have thought they knew about customer
service... apparently not?
psamones

Really in support of this. Would love to see what the play counts are on my music for specific playlists, and I know Spotify does keep track of this. Please let us see it and organize it!

robert_joy

I so badly need this feature for new music discovery, e.g., sorting playlists by album release year to find and support new songs/artists!!!

egoisty

Do you sometimes want to listen to your playlists in the order of how many times you have listened to them?
Some of the songs in your playlist may have been viewed many times, while others may not.
Depending on your mood, you skip songs, right? You skip songs depending on your mood, because our emotions are like waves that change from moment to moment.
Some people listen to a few specific songs in the morning before starting their day.
Wouldn't it be a great day if you started your day by listening to your favorite songs in your playlist that are played the most?
Spotify has top songs of the month and on repeat, but that's not what I'm looking for.

elphoenixy

Come on this is hilarious, we need this!! 😄

seanf01

I would also like this to be available on ios also 🙂

Auberthouse
I've been waiting 6 years and it was raised before that... good luck!
brianhelfrich

This should be easy. Give us something we're actually asking for please.