Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] More Playlist Sorting Options/Columns

Sort options within Spotify are severely lacking.

First, what's lacking outright:

sort by year, total plays, personal playcount, current popularity, genre, tempo, etc.

On top of that, sorting should be stackable, e.g. sort by album by year, or sort artist by total plays, etc.

This could apply to within the artists' pages as well, allowing us to sort through all their songs to better find music that suits our tastes.

Updated on 2020-01-23

Hi folks. Thanks for all your votes and comments. We like this idea, but at the moment we're not planning to do this.

If something should change we'll be sure to come back and provide an update.

Comments
jaystarkey

Last played!

In large playlists, in iTunes I would sort in reverse order oldest to newest and play in order so that I would here only songs that I haven't heard for the longest time.  I miss this when using Spotify!

1milo

That's what I need.

It would be absolutely great having the option to browse through playlists by more categories / columns / tags.

The most important column for me is:

• year of release

Greetz,

1milo

black_puppydog

I just cancelled my Spotify subscription since I am sick and tired of manually sorting my playlists by track number, even having to display the track numbers open in another application. And as soon as I click on one of the column headers I can do the same again.

I will resubscribe when this gets implemented (I'll keep watching this thread).

But for the time being I am donating my monthly subscription fee for the development of Amarok.

I suggest others do the same with a music player of their liking.

Hope to be back soon...

franharrington

I tweeted at @spotifycare asking for the ability to sort by release date and they sent me a link here. So they are definitely aware of the concern and checking this thread. That's encouraging. 

ivantodorovich

How many kudos do we need ?

Hideaki

Yeah all that + PERSONAL RATING, that would be great.

Also the ability to add and remove (sorting) columns.

FlorEtcheverry

I need this.

I'm used to Windows Media Player, where you can add and delete the columns and the information you want!

pexstar

YES YES YES! It would be great to add more columns on the song view. Personally, I'd like to add a column where I could write a note to a particular song!

scewing

BPM!  BPM!

LSCare

I agree, Add this.