Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] More Playlist Sorting Options/Columns

Sort options within Spotify are severely lacking.

First, what's lacking outright:

sort by year, total plays, personal playcount, current popularity, genre, tempo, etc.

On top of that, sorting should be stackable, e.g. sort by album by year, or sort artist by total plays, etc.

This could apply to within the artists' pages as well, allowing us to sort through all their songs to better find music that suits our tastes.

Updated on 2020-01-23

Hi folks. Thanks for all your votes and comments. We like this idea, but at the moment we're not planning to do this.

If something should change we'll be sure to come back and provide an update.

Comments
gnumoksha

It is annoying the lack of sort options.

drunkenpumpkin

Yes. This

I love spotify and not having to worry about having a physical music library anymore

But I miss being able to track (accurately):

- What I've listened to

- How many times I've listened to it, and

- When I've listened to it

I base most of my favourites playlists on these stats and put the tracks I listen to the most and the most recently

I love being able to see what year an album is as well, as I create a lot of playlists based on decades/eras

haqim30

It’d be good to also add sort order from oldest to newest

DarranM

Filter by Genre would be a massive help. 

souljagrl

Release dates. Spotify is so stupid for not already having this. There's no other word. Really. I'm floored by how this isn't already an option. It's an idea that has been suggested endlessly, for years and years, on this community page, yet is continued be ignored as the priority it is. What do you mean, "not right now"? Got better things to do, like collect data on how many times I've listened to a certain song or band or genre and then wrap it up for me in a nice little package at the end of the year like that's not creepy, like that's something I should be bragging about to my friends, posting it on all my social media accounts and motivating me to always be listening to something via Spotify so my numbers can be more impressive next time? Curate another playlist for me because you also won't fix the frustrating way your playlist-building interface doesn't work? Like, good thing I can sort my music by how many days ago I added the song but I have to do some extra digging to find out what year this song/album comes from. Although, I'm sure somebody out there cares about this option (it's not me), so what would be really great is if we could customize what categories we see, also. Release dates should be the #1 priority for these new options okay, please stop neglecting this issue, please stop being the joke at all my parties, stop overwhelming me with your stupidity, etc 

Auberthouse

Completely agree its insane SPOTIFY ignore this request for 7 years!!!!

Can this include sort by track #, by album? Some albums are put together, by the artists, with the specific intent that songs be listened to in a particular order, and having to manually do that by checking wikipedia for the track list and dragging songs around. Pretty silly, given that this is what computers are particularly good at.

cjavier70

we could really use this. AT LEAST sort by popularity

MyaPee

Bonjour, pourquoi cette fonctionnalité n'est pas ajouté ? Ca devrait être une base surtout sur une application payante. Je trouve handicapant de ne pas pouvoir activer ce genre de tri en 2019 !! D'autre applications le propose, qui y a t il de compliqué ? Est-ce une opération commerciale de ne pas le mettre en place ? Il y a plus de 1500 votes, parlant non ?

Mcoops

OVER 400 KUDO's since december last (2018) year guys.... Your own rules state an idea must have more than 100 Kudo's in 1 year - So when will this be implemented??

Sort by Genre/BPM etc is absolutely necessary.

Cheers!