Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] More Playlist Sorting Options/Columns

Sort options within Spotify are severely lacking.

First, what's lacking outright:

sort by year, total plays, personal playcount, current popularity, genre, tempo, etc.

On top of that, sorting should be stackable, e.g. sort by album by year, or sort artist by total plays, etc.

This could apply to within the artists' pages as well, allowing us to sort through all their songs to better find music that suits our tastes.

Updated on 2020-01-23

Hi folks. Thanks for all your votes and comments. We like this idea, but at the moment we're not planning to do this.

If something should change we'll be sure to come back and provide an update.

Comments
Bittencourt

It would be great to be able to sort by release date!

dccedc

please do this thanks. one of the most annoying differences after the switch from iTunes for me

llagos

Give freedom to choice... in playlists I cannot add the AlbumName, Year, etc. Why not? Why do you insist of making choices for me?

facereg

That is a must have feature! Also for the suggested songs grid under your collection, and the ability, to filter it. For example, if you would like to find new track into your collection, you don't want to listen tracks, you already heard, because you already chose not to include it, so you filter them out.

It's a shame, that a user have to tell this to UI "experts". "Currently we're not looking at implementing this feature". Implementing, come on, it takes less time, then writing this answer.

amo008
Still a need
khumashgor

Like Bandcamp, the option of spesific classification of music by genre and then the availability of sorting of music according to thi sgenre as accurate as possible would be very handy. I am very sad when I have to find out the music I want from my own big library.  I can't sit  for hours and create my own playlists manually, very few people should have time for that, It must be done automatically.  Only for this reason I may give up using this app.  

inkfish83

We cant even chage the order of our playlists on the web player? I feel this is just lazy deveolpment, unless there is some web UI thing I dont understnd that would prevent this...but I dont think so.

g5_oay-3pc7j5

This is a really great idea and I love the idea of being able to sort my massive playlists by genre especially

Mcoops

Time to revisit this idea guys!! Thousands of people want the ability to sort by more columns... Genre is a must.

Just saying 'you've decided to not go in this direction' back in 2017, just isnt good enough. 

If you want people to take spotify seriously, it has to be done so that they feel like they own the music. We need to be able to currate playlists the same way we would do if using itunes or the like.... Please re-consider implementing.

nu_user

any update?

latest one from 2017???