Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] More Playlist Sorting Options/Columns

Sort options within Spotify are severely lacking.

First, what's lacking outright:

sort by year, total plays, personal playcount, current popularity, genre, tempo, etc.

On top of that, sorting should be stackable, e.g. sort by album by year, or sort artist by total plays, etc.

This could apply to within the artists' pages as well, allowing us to sort through all their songs to better find music that suits our tastes.

Updated on 2020-01-23

Hi folks. Thanks for all your votes and comments. We like this idea, but at the moment we're not planning to do this.

If something should change we'll be sure to come back and provide an update.

Comments
oreillee

I would love to see a feature to either sort or filter playlists that I've made vs ones I've subscribed to, on desktop and on mobile.

mattlohkamp

Release Date would be a very convenient metric to sort by as well - this meta data is already a part of spotify's system, all that would be requiring would be providing a new optional field to sort lists (search results, playlists, etc)

brof343

adding bpm and song key would be amazing. This could easily be integrated as a settings to add those columns as viewable

gordon1096

I love all these ideas.  It's absolutely necessary for those with varying preferences to how they listen and organize music.  Listen to your customers...please!!!!!

dominicclifton

There are SO many requests to be able to sort lists of tracks either in play lists or on artist pages.  Some requests date back from 2012 and before!

PLEASE Spotify devs, listen to your users and add a sort icon and let us pick from 'Name', 'Release Year' 'Original Release Year' (so that re-issues don't mess the cronological order up).  You already order by 'Release Year' be default on the artist page, so it really wouldn't be hard to reverse the order of the results once you've retrieved them right?

blc0002

I would love this feature. Sometimes when putting together playlists, I want to do a theme around a range of years, and having the release year easily visible would save me a lot of hassle.

Basilisk6

I have a playlist with many diffrent genres and i think it would be cool if i could figure out the genre of the song that I would be currently listening to.

Goodman
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-12-02

Hi folks,

we don't have an update for you, but please do keep voting if you like this idea.

Thanks.

tinyjams

More basic functionality that we shouldn't even have to ask for. Spotify is useless for true music fans. 

treeby99

I am missing the most important option at all " do NOT SORT MY Playlist " i can't  find them my self if you stop reordering them all the time. Specialy when you use the option "add to my playlist" i would love to be able to keep the playlist order as it is