Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] More Playlist Sorting Options/Columns

Sort options within Spotify are severely lacking.

First, what's lacking outright:

sort by year, total plays, personal playcount, current popularity, genre, tempo, etc.

On top of that, sorting should be stackable, e.g. sort by album by year, or sort artist by total plays, etc.

This could apply to within the artists' pages as well, allowing us to sort through all their songs to better find music that suits our tastes.

Updated on 2020-01-23

Hi folks. Thanks for all your votes and comments. We like this idea, but at the moment we're not planning to do this.

If something should change we'll be sure to come back and provide an update.

Comments
max9

Why aren't we able to do this already? Itunes/Apple music has had this feature for a long time.

honeyhive

I love this idea, would be really convenient to sort music by original release year as well as rerelease/remastered versions/year if they are and by genre etc etc. I hope Spotify implement these ideas! 🙂

Goodman
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2020-01-23

Hi folks. Thanks for all your votes and comments. We like this idea, but at the moment we're not planning to do this.

If something should change we'll be sure to come back and provide an update.

Mcoops

Seriously... ?!?!?! 

NOT PLANNING TO DO THIS ?? With no explanation?? 

Literally thousands of posts on this request across the last 6 YEARS!!!  and all you can come back with is ' We like this idea, but at the moment we're not planning to do this'....

WHY NOT??

Common Spotify, you need to do better. 😞

oren_b

Is there a third party plug-in or application that provides this functionality? Specifically, I'd like to view the year songs in my playlists were recorded, even if it's outside the Spotify app.

GAETAE

remastered dates really mean nothing.  Please use ORIGINAL release dates.

DarranM

Agree. Would be good to filter by date 

Auberthouse

We are on page 22 for over 5 years now. It's firkin ridiculous how contemptful Spotify are to their customers, especially over what is an easy requirement.

tgressly

Why do we have to leave a playlist and visit an album to see the release year of a title? Not even the credits show this information. After switching to the album it is hard to get back to the song. C'mon, the information is there. And why can we not add the columns we need?

vwguy16

As a developer, I find it hard to believe that a feature as useful (and simple) as sorting your playlists is not something you are wanting to do. A quick search shows that people have been asking for this feature for 9 years  (2012) !!  

Come on Spotify!