Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] More Playlist Sorting Options/Columns

Sort options within Spotify are severely lacking.

First, what's lacking outright:

sort by year, total plays, personal playcount, current popularity, genre, tempo, etc.

On top of that, sorting should be stackable, e.g. sort by album by year, or sort artist by total plays, etc.

This could apply to within the artists' pages as well, allowing us to sort through all their songs to better find music that suits our tastes.

Updated on 2020-01-23

Hi folks. Thanks for all your votes and comments. We like this idea, but at the moment we're not planning to do this.

If something should change we'll be sure to come back and provide an update.

Comments
mlaun

Especially BPM, Please!

djMaximizer

I support this idea, it would be convenient for DJs (year, genre, bpm, tonality, smart playlists..)

embql

You can use third-party (well, 1st-party since the dev is with Spotify afaik) tools for now:
http://sortyourmusic.playlistmachinery.com/
http://organizeyourmusic.playlistmachinery.com/

Hope it helps!

djMaximizer

bpm
key

pastjohn

Song length would be so helpful. Also the album art that is displayed on the Spotify mobile apps would be nice too.

There are lots of programs that let you pick which columns to display. This would be perfect if the main concern is providing a clean interface.

musicorumgenius

PLEASE  AND THANK YOU!!!!!!

MaxFactor

Even adding Genre to the search results would be helpful. It's pretty useless now unless you are looking for something really specific.

BastiK1979

Hi all,

I had the idea of adding the play count to the ‚filter‘ options for sorting in a playlist in the iOS App of Spotify. 

What do you think?

misshellayoga

Column for BPM!!

nevercast

I would like to see [Root Note / Key / Camelot wheel] column, as well as [BPM] column. Any other data in Echo Nest would also be appreciated.