Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Notification of freshly added Tracks

As I just had to find out from Spotify support, they removed playlist notifications from Spotify.

"
The notifications are being disabled and soon they will disappear for all users. You can still get notifications via e-mail though. You can set that up here

If you'd like the notifications back, feel free to post on the Spotify Community.
At the moment new songs added to playlists you follow will no longer be denoted.

We've made the change as of December. It's not a technical issue, we'd mainly like to avoid "spamming" our users.
"

As of last year also the blue dot indicator (next to the playlists) was removed, there is now way anymore to tell if new songs got added to a playlist - besides email notifications.
But I don’t want email notifications. I want these notifications within the app itself.
At least make it configurable which notifications you want to see when clicking on the notification button.

What's the next thing they're going to remove?
Messages?

Who also wants playlist notifications back?
Leave some

Spotify_no_notifications_3.PNG

Updated on 2022-06-08

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We see this still seems to be talked about on the Community, so we're reopening votes for the idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments

I DO!!!

Ist really cruel they stopped that kond of notification. And it's not available by e-mail or push either so that information is wrong.
My girl and me  kind of communicate by adding songs to playlist, so spotify will be responsible if we break up now!!! T_T

Bring that back - NOW!

P.

smawuascht

I can set it up in the email notifications listed here
https://www.spotify.com/at/account/notifications/

The last point in the list - at least in the German menu.

But anyhow - I also want the in app notifications back.
As you - I communicate a lot with this stuff with some friends of mine

Well it has been checked in my account settings all the time but I didn't receive any E-Mail since about half a year and push notifications stopped working about thee months ago. Now for two weeks I don't receive any notifications at all, even in the application's notification area... T_T

Customer support didn't help though.

FortuN

WTF? WHY, best function to notify followers when releasing a new track on spotify. REALLY? SPOTIFY BRING IT BACK

blake
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2016-01-21

Marked as new idea. You may also be interested in this idea.

kennetknutsson

Just make this opption avalible in the settings, Not harder than that. It's a very good function.  

This was absolutely my favorite feature about Spotify. I can't believe they killed it!!!

Every time I would get a notification from a favorite playlist it felt like Christmas morning.

These notifications ranged from being exciting (potentially great music) to extremely personal (like getting a message in a bottle from across the ocean).

Please bring it back!!!

andybellnow

Spotify please bring this feature back!!!

jfpoll
Yes please. I really enjoy building playlists with my friends and this is a great feature
DenisasP

I trully hope this future will come back.