Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Notification of freshly added Tracks

As I just had to find out from Spotify support, they removed playlist notifications from Spotify.

"
The notifications are being disabled and soon they will disappear for all users. You can still get notifications via e-mail though. You can set that up here

If you'd like the notifications back, feel free to post on the Spotify Community.
At the moment new songs added to playlists you follow will no longer be denoted.

We've made the change as of December. It's not a technical issue, we'd mainly like to avoid "spamming" our users.
"

As of last year also the blue dot indicator (next to the playlists) was removed, there is now way anymore to tell if new songs got added to a playlist - besides email notifications.
But I don’t want email notifications. I want these notifications within the app itself.
At least make it configurable which notifications you want to see when clicking on the notification button.

What's the next thing they're going to remove?
Messages?

Who also wants playlist notifications back?
Leave some

Spotify_no_notifications_3.PNG

Updated on 2022-06-08

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We see this still seems to be talked about on the Community, so we're reopening votes for the idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
xosef58

Worst idea ever. Since when external push is better that in-App push.. I like to see my notification and play the new releases right from the app.... whom ever had this idea in your development team should be send to do other work......

zastrofiziks

I have spent time following 758 artists to date. Aside from playing music, I use Spotify as a discovery tool for new content released by musicians that I enjoy. The bell icon alerts in the desktop app was the most useful feature. Taking away the updates for new songs added to playlists that I follow was bad enough... you've stripped one of the best features of your product, and as a paying customer, I don't appreciate it! It really sucks. Who wants to have emails for every time an artist releases a new track or album?? That is not a viable equivical solution.

FB72

Mine reappeared on my desktop last week for a day (I was delighted) and now it's gone again :'( As zastrofiziks says it is the best way to keep up to date with your favourite artists and to discover new music. I don't want a zillion emails 😞

ant2192643

Please bring Notifications for Desktop back, honestly it's what is keeping me using Spotify over competitors. And add singles to those notifications as well, just any new music from any artists I follow

Mus-T

F***ing pricks, how can a f***ing PO decide to remove notifications?? WTF is wrong with you?

You know what, this is the last month you get 10€ from me. Hello Apple Music.

exe_metrix

It just doesn't make any sense... One of the best features of Spotify, removed for the sake of "improvements in the service".

Please just bring it back. Playlists in-app push notifications was an excellent feature that was gone unnecessarily!

acidb

This should be reverted, I also want the notification icon back 😞 Having emails is more of a spam than this little icon. Why can't user turn it on on demand in options ? It was faster and much more useful via the icon.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated: 2022-03-13

A newer suggestion requesting this feature/change has been posted here.

Updated: 2016-05-24

Hey everyone. We recently gave an update on these notifications over here. We're going to mark this thread as "not right now". To make sure you have your email and push notifications set up the way you'd like, check out the steps here.

starrynit

I have had at least 10 exchanges via email with Spotify about notifications in recent weeks, since long before the announcement about the desktop notifications being removed. It's been like going through the stages of grief, starting with their denial that anything was wrong, etc. 

The last few exchanges have been based on my acceptance that nothing I say will bring back the desktop notifications (which had already been missing playlist updates for months), they've been my specifically asking about getting what we're left with to work for me.  Again, I've been getting a runaround, without specific responses about them - I haven't received any mail notifications in months (I have checked and rechecked the settings Meredith linked to above) and iPhone app notifications are clearly incomplete and unreliable (every week, the New Music Friday playlist has had content for which I haven't received a notification, for sure, and I've come across other new offerings elsewhere). A vital feature of the service is completely unreliable now.

I haven't just been a paying customer, I was such a fan that I became a Spotify pusher, encouraging friends and family to use it.  Even though I know the shoddy treatment and declining number of features isn't my fault, I am embarrassed that I promoted a service that has turned out to be so uncaring about the user experience and obviously not caring enough about remaining offerings to support them properly.

It's going to be time-consuming to switch to another service, but how can I stay with Spotify and respect myself?  Such a disappointment.

starrynit

I just saw my latest e-mail response from Spotify - no help at all, but (woohoo) it acknowledges they know notifications aren't fully functional!  Her lyric inclusion can be changed to "beautiful music providers telling customers more bad things" eh? Oy.:

Hello (me),

Appreciate your response.

We’re afraid we don’t have an exact timeframe for the notifications to be fully functional, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Meanwhile, if you need any further help or have any more questions, don’t hesitate to get back in touch.

All the best,

Jennifer

"I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" – Tom Waits