Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Notification of freshly added Tracks

As I just had to find out from Spotify support, they removed playlist notifications from Spotify.

"
The notifications are being disabled and soon they will disappear for all users. You can still get notifications via e-mail though. You can set that up here

If you'd like the notifications back, feel free to post on the Spotify Community.
At the moment new songs added to playlists you follow will no longer be denoted.

We've made the change as of December. It's not a technical issue, we'd mainly like to avoid "spamming" our users.
"

As of last year also the blue dot indicator (next to the playlists) was removed, there is now way anymore to tell if new songs got added to a playlist - besides email notifications.
But I don’t want email notifications. I want these notifications within the app itself.
At least make it configurable which notifications you want to see when clicking on the notification button.

What's the next thing they're going to remove?
Messages?

Who also wants playlist notifications back?
Leave some

Spotify_no_notifications_3.PNG

Updated on 2022-06-08

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We see this still seems to be talked about on the Community, so we're reopening votes for the idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
grasuxxl2014

Will refloate this... How in the name of god could i know how many Number of freshly added Tracks are on my lists?!?!?! I have a huge number of lists and it is a trully pain and amount of waisted time to find what is new. I can not belive in 2023 and spotify can bring back the number next to the lists or a dot or somethink for god sake!!

I will be forced to start using another plataforms. I will stop pay for premuim and start looking at other plataforms. I simple color dot or something. De**r has it. And number too...

strok_777

What's the point of subscribing to a playlist if I'm unable to know in an easy way which tracks have been added? Please, get back this feature. It's incredible how bad you're doing things. Lots of features that existed in 2017 desktop apps are no longer available.

as242

In a shared playlist, we don't get any notification when the person adds or deletes a song. We need a ring for that!

k4i

Send notifications when playlists that you like/follow have been updated. Doesn't need to be every song to prevent notification spam. Just a simple message like "Changes have been made to a playlist you follow"