Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Notification of freshly added Tracks

As I just had to find out from Spotify support, they removed playlist notifications from Spotify.

"
The notifications are being disabled and soon they will disappear for all users. You can still get notifications via e-mail though. You can set that up here

If you'd like the notifications back, feel free to post on the Spotify Community.
At the moment new songs added to playlists you follow will no longer be denoted.

We've made the change as of December. It's not a technical issue, we'd mainly like to avoid "spamming" our users.
"

As of last year also the blue dot indicator (next to the playlists) was removed, there is now way anymore to tell if new songs got added to a playlist - besides email notifications.
But I don’t want email notifications. I want these notifications within the app itself.
At least make it configurable which notifications you want to see when clicking on the notification button.

What's the next thing they're going to remove?
Messages?

Who also wants playlist notifications back?
Leave some

Spotify_no_notifications_3.PNG

Updated on 2022-06-08

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We see this still seems to be talked about on the Community, so we're reopening votes for the idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
smawuascht

As we all figured, Spotify completely removed the entire notification feature 😞

So let's tell them we want it back!
Please also give your kudos to this idea , as my initial thread was about playlist notifications which got removed prior removing the entire "bell".

THX guys

Mus-T

These dumb Email notifications do NOT work. I'am following DVBBS for years now and they released a new Single on June 27th and I did NOT receive a mail.

starrynit
They don't work for me either - I've written to spotify about this several times since they deactivated the bell, but I end up in a loop of the same non-help.

I'm not going to go back to an older version because I'm not going to risk possible security issues - I'm left with incomplete phone notifications and the browser version's bell, which is more time consuming to use than the spotify client's bell was.

Someone just mentioned being able to transfer playlists to another service but didn't say which it is they've moved to - anyone know who offers that?!
munchkin42

Agreed, please bring this back. Being able to reference "that new album" I forgot the name of directly in the app is extremely useful. The concern that Spotify is "spamming its users" isn't a valid reason to remove it when you already have preferences that allow us to specify what and how much we want to know.

George444

I think instead of notifications that can (like you said) spam users, especially if they have dozens of playlists they follow, that you should instead add some "New songs!" or "Updated!" symbol next to playlists that have been recently updated within the past week or 2. this way, people will know it's updated just by looking at their playlists menu. It's a WIN-WIN! no bogged down notifications, and people still get updated just by looking at their playlists. 🙂

playlist.png

insanedubstep

I don't really understand their reason why they removed it. I want it back! I have a collaborative playlist which I use with friends. It was great to see when and what my friends added to the playlist but now the feature is gone

andylekkman

When i follow an artist, i wanna get an information when they post new tracks. It´s the main reason to follow someone! isn´t it??

It´s not just **bleep**, spotify, it´s cow **bleep**!

montagnethomas

What are you doing spotify ? put it back now !

UxoOr

The notification feature was one off my favourite features on Spotify, and i'm sorry, that it is deleted now. I understand that you want to avoid the spam, but i think the user should be able to control by themselves whether or not they want to be "Spammed". For some users the spam is gold worth!

zioneyes

Agreed!! This was one of the main features I loved in Spotify! Knowing when my artists put out new music.. please bring back!!