[Playlists] Number of freshly added Tracks next to Playlist

In the latest update (1.0.1.1060) the notification number next to my playlists is gone. I follow a lot of playlists and checked every time when a playlist was updated and which tracks were added (blue dot). Please let me discover new music this way again!

Updated on 2019-03-07

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're switching this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
rjvela
Regular

I agree, this was very useful, and was my primary method of discovering new songs in a playlist, compared notification area.

MattSuda
Community Legend

Yes please 

gareth8
Roadie

The latest from @spotifycares on this issue is: We’re working hard to make our app better than ever, so that option won't be available for now /BF

No Sorry, this will be coming back in a future update. but this won't be available for now.

I think we all know what that's Spotify-speak for.

Hjsurk
Regular

This needs to be the number one focus in my case!

jhovgaard
Casual Listener

I cannot believe they removed this feature. Worst user test ever.

omargpg1

Bring back the notifications

RipRinus
Regular

YES! please!

JVinagre
Casual Listener

HI,

I really use this feature on a daily basis. I won't update the app until spotify gets this feature back. Thanks, Joao

ElJarno
Casual Listener

I'm still using very old version and setup workaround for preventing updates cause of the damm stupid changes in spotify. I don't who from Spotify agreed these changes are good ideas bringing a better user experience to the users but he seems to be cut from from internet and cannot reading feedbacks or getting an idea of standard player features. Some features which were removed and killing nerves of many users:

• sorting in results
  • filtering results
  • changing column size
  • getting songs into clipboard
  • removing apps
  • etc.
retroflex
Gig Goer

I think the reason is still originated in the change of the UI framework from platform-based to platform-independent. But come on, is it so hard to feature a number at the end of the list in the new framework ?

spotify_notification_marker.jpgHow its looks like at my still used 0.9.x Spotify
Currently its the only feature why i still use 0.9.x, if you implement it, i will upgrade, because the new version has some advantages (e.g. exact release date).

The ongoing removal of community and user playlists features leads to the consumption that Spotify tries to reduce all user-generated and community-driven playlists and tries to bind the majority of the users to the recommendation-engine driven "Discover Weekly", "Release Radar" and the "Mixtapes" and everything they recommend / generate.